Domain hosting recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all IT experts,

We are looking for the domain hosting for the church website. Do you have any good recommendation? Specially, we are looking for the place where is secure and in a reliable business. We have used “Yahoo,” but it wasn’t a good experience.

• Secure and reliable: We don’t have many IT oriented people in church, so it isn’t easy task to move the server occasionally.
  • MS Front page friendly environment.
  • At least 200mb capacity
  • Reasonable monthly charge
  • No AD and user friendly place.....
Thanks in advance,

• Cheap
  • High performance
  • Reliable
Pick any 2. :cool:

Network solutions (netsol.com) has been pretty good. They're cheap, and mostly reliable, and perfomance ranges from excellent to OK, depending on the time of day. Support is pretty good, except if you have a database issue, their Time to Repair is "1 to 3 days" (their exact words).

They run I think about $12/month, and I have a couple of small businesses hosted there.

I've also heard good things about godaddy.com, although I haven't tried them.

Navisite has phenominal performance (you probably don't need this), excellent reliability and Time to Repair of a couple of hours, max., however they're not cheap. The last time I looked, their least expensive plan was around $200/month. although this may have changed.

Terry

hoosier:
Hi all IT experts,

We are looking for the domain hosting for the church website. Do you have any good recommendation? Specially, we are looking for the place where is secure and in a reliable business. We have used “Yahoo,” but it wasn’t a good experience.
  • Secure and reliable: We don’t have many IT oriented people in church, so it isn’t easy task to move the server occasionally.
  • MS Front page friendly environment.
  • At least 200mb capacity
  • Reasonable monthly charge
  • No AD and user friendly place.....
Thanks in advance,

I don't think "The Planet" (http://www.theplanet.com) would be reccomended by folks here. It's the provider used by Scubaboard when it was crashing all the time. D'oh!

We've used iPlanet.com also. Never had any techincal problems, but they've been difficult to deal with in a billing perspective, or to make administrative changes.

From the limited use of GoDaddy we've done, it seems pretty good. I helped set up a different church website on them last year. Ironic, because it was their commericals with the girl that got my attention to them. Go figure.

If you ever plan on doing any "streaming" I reccomend you check their prices on that up front. They might not charge you for a small amount of it, but if you start having problems, then you might get a big bill for streaming (if you use that service).

I host sites for my clients not for the masses. My services are reliable, dependable and cheap and secure. Since I don't offer hosting to the general public I don't have a website depicting services but can meet all your requirments along with a cPanel control panel. More info available upon request.

If interested email me at my user name @ gmail.com

-Garrett

Sorry tried to pm you but kept getting "DB Error"

Pair Networks at www.pair.com The host very large sites such as fark.com, cpan network and 3rd party shopping cart services such as cartserver.com which diveritexpress.com uses. Excellent customer service for large and small sites and very little down time in over 5 years for mine. :)

i use godaddy and it is fine for my needs (both for domain and hosting) - i have a couple of other firends who need higher bandwidth (and have much better sites than me) - they are using iPowerWeb.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom