Dolphins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karibelle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
You suck! Seriously, thanks for sharing such a majestic video. Some day, I hope to encounter dolphins during a dive.

So beautiful - thanks for sharing! After 200+ dives in Coz I have yet to see dolphins under the water, but one of these days I just know my luck will change :) I just got back from there and an soooo homesick already. I go back down Dec. 26th. It can't come soon enough!

I was coming over from the mainland on Nov 27 and there were several following the boat, so I'm hopeful that there's a pod staying in the area. On the day this video was taken, the boat captain said he saw about 20!

And scubavaquera, we'll see you when you get back. :)

kari

I was coming over from the mainland on Nov 27 and there were several following the boat, so I'm hopeful that there's a pod staying in the area. On the day this video was taken, the boat captain said he saw about 20!

And scubavaquera, we'll see you when you get back. :)

kari

I have seen them playing in the wake of the ferry several times while crossing from the mainland and a few times from the dive boat. I hope they decide to pay me a visit under the water very soon. What reef were they on?
Although, if I do see a pod (or even one dolphin, for that matter) I will more than likely have a 'moment'. I have seen Eagle Rays many times, but last Saturday we had one just hover right in front of us for a good minute or two, it was the closest I have ever been to one. I actually started crying a little because it was just breathtaking to me (literally) and my breathing went all to hell, then I got a headache and then I sucked my air too fast. Of course, my BF who is a local DM was with me on that dive and when we got back on the boat I had to explain why seeing one like that made me just fall all apart. He asked me what I would do if I saw a squadron of 20 or 30 and I said I would more than likely just die -but I would die soooo happy. So ditto on that for a pod of dolphins.
:D

These were at Dalila, and a few years ago I saw some at Chunchakaab. That's it for my library of underwater dolphin sightings here, so I am with you on how AWESOME it is!

I be passing the 200 tank mark in Cozumel waters this Feb & last trip was the first time I ever saw one either on the surface or at depth, but one crested a ridge right in front of me in 60 feet of water. Now I'll be looking even harder to find them. It really does get the blood pumping.

very nice

Back
Top Bottom