Dolphin or Ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeradams007:
Where can I find the specs on both the Ray and dolphine. Like size built for,BC lift, amount of weight can be carried.

With yr mouse over these 2 links right click and press save target as , u will save the 2 manual of Dolphin and Ray and u will get all the answers u need , or at least most of them

Dolphin

Ray

wazza:

Wazza,

I hate to have to say this, because I doubt that this is your intent, but your choice of avatar, which appears to be that of a Muslim terrorist is, to say the least, very insensitive in this era of murderous bombings and savage beheadings by the Islamo-fascists!

You may well be, or have been, a member of the Australian Army's Special Air Service, in which case, under the right circumstances such dress might be appropriate.

You may well be just trying to be amusing, in the usual Australian manner!

Given the bloody and savagely barbarbic activities by these people, I would have to say that it is neither amusing, nor is it appropriate.

:salute:

wazza:
With yr mouse over these 2 links right click and press save target as , u will save the 2 manual of Dolphin and Ray and u will get all the answers u need , or at least most of them

Dolphin

Ray

Thank you I've been on that site before but could not find it again. Jeremy

gkndivebum:
I keep hearing rumors that the Ray has been discontinued by Drager and/or AquaLung.

As I promised after asking Dräger the result was as follow:

The production of the Ray had been discontinued in January 2003.
Spare parts of the Ray are available until December 2008.

So after all I think I am not going to by one .

BigJetDriver69:
Wazza,

I hate to have to say this, because I doubt that this is your intent, but your choice of avatar, which appears to be that of a Muslim terrorist is, to say the least, very insensitive in this era of murderous bombings and savage beheadings by the Islamo-fascists!

You may well be, or have been, a member of the Australian Army's Special Air Service, in which case, under the right circumstances such dress might be appropriate.

Given the bloody and savagely barbarbic activities by these people, I would have to say that it is neither amusing, nor is it appropriate.

Well, I guess the message is that you don't really care, since I see that you are continuing to use it without comment.

BigJetDriver69:
Well, I guess the message is that you don't really care, since I see that you are continuing to use it without comment.

I see your point and sort of agree with what you are saying. The problem is that to wear this type of head dress doesn't make you a terrorist. I know, that our own Special Forces people use such head dress in Afganistan and Iraq and other desert areas. Also, many Arab that are not terrorists wear this head dress as well. Remember please that not all Arabs and/or Muslims are not Terrorists. :eyebrow:

6Gill:
I see your point and sort of agree with what you are saying. The problem is that to wear this type of head dress doesn't make you a terrorist. I know, that our own Special Forces people use such head dress in Afganistan and Iraq and other desert areas. Also, many Arab that are not terrorists wear this head dress as well. Remember please that not all Arabs and/or Muslims are not Terrorists. :eyebrow:

6Gill,

I appreciate your point. I will state, for the record, that we are not, as a Nation, nor am I, as an individual, at war with either Arabs, or Muslims in general. We are, however, solidly at war with the Islamo-fascists, even as they are with us, and with their own people in several countries.

I believe in helping the people of any nation, be they Christian, Muslim, or Jew, to achieve the rule of a peaceful and safe democracy.

The Special Forces, and the Special Operations Groups in general, have been the best arm of democracy in that respect. They have the ability to mingle with the people, and to help them help themselves; sort of a "Peace Corps---with teeth"! Of course, SOG trooopers wearing part of, or all of the native dress is a tradition both of respect, and disguise, that goes back a long way in history.

None the less, in the context in which we find it here on the Board, based upon our recent national experience, it is still disturbing, to say the least.

BJD

BigJetDriver69:
6Gill,

I appreciate your point. I will state, for the record, that we are not, as a Nation, nor am I, as an individual, at war with either Arabs, or Muslims in general. We are, however, solidly at war with the Islamo-fascists, even as they are with us, and with their own people in several countries.

I believe in helping the people of any nation, be they Christian, Muslim, or Jew, to achieve the rule of a peaceful and safe democracy.

The Special Forces, and the Special Operations Groups in general, have been the best arm of democracy in that respect. They have the ability to mingle with the people, and to help them help themselves; sort of a "Peace Corps---with teeth"! Of course, SOG trooopers wearing part of, or all of the native dress is a tradition both of respect, and disguise, that goes back a long way in history.

None the less, in the context in which we find it here on the Board, based upon our recent national experience, it is still disturbing, to say the least.

BJD

Hmmm, well given what you have said in response, I don't quite see why a particular head dress should disturb you. It is the terrorist that should disturb you not a simple head dress. It is after all a very common head dress in the Arab Countries.

The AK-47 rifle many would consider a terrorist symbol too, however; many countries that are now allies are armed with the weapon or varations of it, to include the new Iraq.

Now if the person using this avatar, was espousing the lingo of the people you are talking about, I would be very disturbed with him/her and be addressing him/her on that basis of his/her statements, etc.

Yes, the use of this type of head dress goes back a long ways in the history of military usage. To me, who has studied low intensity and or guerrilla warfare at the expense of the US Army, it (head dress) always brings to my mine Lawrence of Arabia, whom I have a great deal of respect for.

Actually this head dress has many uses in a desert climate, if you had ever been in a sandstorm, you would come to appreciate it for what it is and does for one. :wink:

6Gill:
The AK-47 rifle many would consider a terrorist symbol too, however; many countries that are now allies are armed with the weapon or varations of it, to include the new Iraq.

Actually this head dress has many uses in a desert climate, if you had ever been in a sandstorm, you would come to appreciate it for what it is and does for one. :wink:

Ah, yes! The most famous product of the Ishmash factory. I seem to have had my share of them pointed at me. Damned reliable piece.

As for the head-dress and the sandstorm, I have, it does, and I do!

Cheers, lad!

BigJetDriver69:
Wazza,

Holly cow BJD!!!!

Its just a bloody headdress - whats it got to do with terrorism?

Back
Top Bottom