Dolphin and trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll look into the ankle weights, and where I can attach them near the top. I was speaking of the pockets on the shoulder strap. I put 2 lbs in each last time. I try to look graceful when getting into the Dolphin, so as not to give it a bad name. But the one-size-fits-most BC makes that harder than normal. I worry that more weights on the shoulder will make that harder. My pony is a 19 cu. ft. I am noticing a bigger is better trend. I haven't noticed a roll to one side yet, but that may be because the vertical roll is so pronouced. I only got the system in April, but I do plan to start converting it down the road. First BP/wings then to CCR. I still recovering from the expense of the Dolphin (used), and the Z02/OXY2

Would it be possible to mount a pony bottle across the top of the rebreather, behind your neck? One of OMS's 20cf steel tanks would add some weight and function.

I found even better : from v4tec.de , very good service, soon shipped, I am very happy with their stuff. Their design is even better than Enrique.

caveseeker7:
are you coming to the BBQ later on ? :D

Aloha Stefan -- it was good to see you on saturday. We had an unventful drive
back to San Diego on sunday, complete with a spiffy new Haskel pump. I also
bought the "big one" :eye-popin: for the local technical diving operator back in Kona;
that one will need to be shipped.
[...]

caveseeker7:
But the nicest backplate conversion I've found is from Enrique [...]

Indeed - it's gorgeous. A bit spendy - but it's very nice.

Enjoyed seeing ya'll, too.
gkndivebum:
We had an unventful drive back to San Diego on sunday, complete with a spiffy new Haskel pump.
Uneventfull or blissfully unaware?
Would you even hear the sirens with those pipes?
Sure can't see them ... :wink:

I wonder if you could hook up the Haskel to boost the engine ... :D

Indeed - it's gorgeous. A bit spendy - but it's very nice.
That has been said about everything from decorative eggs to women.
To quote Hearst, pleasure is worth what you can afford to pay for. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom