Doing Research Need A Hand

I Carry these DSMB's when Diving

• I Carry two DSMB's 1 Red and 1 Yellow and use similar to the description in the thread topic.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I Carry only one DSMB it is Red or it is Yellow

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • I Carry one DSMB it is Red on one side and Yellow on the other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only one, it is yellow, and I put "DB" on it in black felt pen .. I thought I might as well let them know who's it was .. besides , it could mean Diver Below too :wink:

I have talked to tech divers that have two and the yellow one is used to indicate trouble .. but was told that my yellow one is OK , I should mention it to the boat though .. as has been pointed out, yellow is not universal trouble .. .. and you should always mention what color(s) you have to the DM and and what it means to you anyway

i have two carter bags (1 red & 1 yellow). I normally only carry the red one and don't do deco dives. If i plan to shoot a bag I generally take both.

Since there is no standard here, I always communicate my intention to shoot a bag before hand. If i don't communicate and do shoot a bag people seem to assume the worst. I use the red one and keep the yellow one in reserve. If i get in trouble I send up both bags.

wouldn't it be sooo funny to mess with these guys and use one of those see me SMBs from scubatoys. Half yellow Half red, some heated arguments on the boat will follow after it's reached the surface

http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=LargeSafety

I use one of the large DSMBs that is orange on one side and yellow on the other.

Sydney_Diver:
One is Red deployed when the diver is ok, on Deco but does not need assistance

One is Yellow deployed when the diver is in urgent need of assistance or has an emergency situation.

How interesting! I carry one yellow and one orange but was taught to use them in reverse. Yellow for okay; orange/red for emergency.

Seems to be the standard among divers I've encountered in the Great Lakes region, and I had assumed - shame on me :no - it was a fairly universal standard.

Good discussion and an important lesson learned!

Back
Top Bottom