• Yes

Votes: 137 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 95 38.3%
  • I don't have a significant other

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Wife is terified of the water, but I have a 26 year old daughter that I dive with. My other two girls love the water, but at the moment, find boys more interesting, Thats o/k so long as I can find the time to dive, they leave me to my own
interests (diving and riding motorcycles)
R.H.

David The Gnome:
Ever since I started my open water certification I've been trying to talk my girlfriend into getting certified too. Unfortunately she's terrified of swimming in anything other than a pool. Because of this I gave up trying to talk her into it and just accepted that it's something we won't get to do together.
Look for a dive shop that does Discover SCUBA in a pool and ask her if she'd like to see what it's like.

Not that this will probably ever come up in future conversations :wink: , but did you say you are taking two vacations and she is taking one????

You are my hero :D

some do, some don't... :D

the main one does, though. met him at the shop where he works...he's a tank monkey, so i get good fills! (ba-dum-BASH! i'll be here all week! tip your waitress!)

My husband does not dive but is willing to try a pool session some time. He did a 1st time instructor lead dive in Maui but was underweighted and felt very cluasterphobic. He LOVES to ride motorcycles which I have tried but decided it wasn't for me after I wrecked and fractured my leg and my ribs.. ooooouch! I will ride with him but not on my own bike. (2005 Buell Blast for sale BTW - make me an offer....) I too have been looking for a destination for next years vacation where I can dive and still have something for him to do too. He said if he can fish then he doesn't mind if I dive.

My wife does not and will never dive.
I can get away with dive trips cause all my kids love to dive.
Don't know what will happen when they all move out.

the only thing separating melinda and i from total and blisful matrimonial harmony
is that she doesn't dive ... still, i keep hoping she'll develop the interest
one day in the not-too-distant-future

at least she'll snorkel with me. she loves it.

Back
Top Bottom