Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I have been married 3 months (married in Cozumel and had the dive boat reserved before the condo) and she has more logged dives then me. I keep trying to go on a guys dive trip so I can get ahead but that doesn't ever happen. Oh well we both enjoy it and maybe some day we will get out of the midwest and move to the islans.
John

I used to think the idea of spouses vacationing seperately was depressing, but as a diver who travels solo and plans his dive trips solo...I think it is an excellent thing!

My wife doesn't even barely swim! She has no interest in diving, and I will usually go diving on a trip once per year - which from last year onward will usually be a liveaboard (based on convenience and number of dives for your dollar). And since I live in Hawaii I will usually pick a day where she's working all morning I'll try to sneak a boat dive in with the local dive club (maybe once a month or so). If my wife was certified, she wouldn't necessarily have the money, time, or passion to travel half way around the world when we can go diving right where we live. So doing it by myself is actually the best situation imaginable! Though I would like to have someone to share it with, the lack of drama in having a travel partner and worrying about whether they're having a good time is something I don't have to deal with.

yes! we met here, on sb. we were both intro to cave at the time, and took our apprentice & full cave together.

he's a rock solid diver, and a great buddy underwater *and* on land. i'm the luckiest girl in the world.

i'm the luckiest girl in the world.

No you're not.

This one is.

I got her into diving.

Mentored her.

Only made her cry twice.

:wink:

(Just kidding about you not being lucky)

We're both very active divers, and so are 3 of our 4 children. The youngest can't wait till she's old enough to train as well. Our family vacations always include diving and we do quite a bit of local diving as well.

My wife wanted to check out and mastered the pool skills. But, she could never get over the near panic feeling during her pool dives. She really stuck to it and even had three extra pool sessions.

We agree that diving is not for everyone. Panic kills divers and its supposed to be fun not terrifying. She loves to look at the pictures, but has no interest in trying again.

Both of my adult sons dive so I always have a dive buddy.

I married adventure-wife. Our Honeymoon was spent camping alone up the Welsh Black Mountains and learning to dive in Cyprus. She is happiest outside doing something exciting, like marching up mountains, skiing down them, shooting etc...

Her latest thing is she wants to learn to spear-fish.

She is AOW and she has a PhD in Medieval History... + we are going to Coz in Feb!

Yes, but she only likes to dive in warm water, remain in the shallows and look at the critters.

I married adventure-wife. Our Honeymoon was spent camping alone up the Welsh Black Mountains and learning to dive in Cyprus. She is happiest outside doing something exciting, like marching up mountains, skiing down them, shooting etc...

Her latest thing is she wants to learn to spear-fish.

She is AOW and she has a PhD in Medieval History... + we are going to Coz in Feb!

OK...I think I am married to her sister.

We ride motorcycles (her own thank you very much, she HATES to ride on the back), loves the outdoors, SCUBA's, wants to bungee jump and sky dive, loves to hike and camp....and still looks damn good in a dress driving her BMW! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom