Does your partner dive?

Does your partner (spouse, girl/boy friend dive)?

• Yes

Votes: 132 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, we both dive and got certified together 10 yrs ago. He is now an instructor, I do not want anything to do with teaching. We dive here locally when he is teaching, then go on several trips per year together. We have always had hobbies together but now with diving, it has become a major activity in our marriage. We hope to be diving together for another 10 yrs at least!

Growing up on the West Coast many of my friends were divers but I never had the time or money - and really was a little afraid to try.

When I met my husband he was just getting back into diving and convinced me to try it. I got my OW but it was not a great experience......went for a few cold northern lake dives where he encouraged me and then we were off to Australia.

Did my first saltwater dives with people we met on SB, dove a liveaboard in the Great Barrier Reef doing all the dives and the rest is history.

50 dives in the first year - not bad when we have to travel to dive or else dive with no viz and nothing to see except sandy bottom!

We are off to Australia again in just over a month. :)

I am so glad he talked me into diving -it has become part of our lives together and it also gives me a challenge

Amazing how such a simple question has brought about one of the most entertaining threads I've read in awhile. Thanks

My wife got Certified two years ago but now can not dive
because of her health :(

Mike

My wife has less than no interest in diving but lets me do most of what I want and supports my obsession (especially when it leads to a trip to Hawaii).

I did have a dream that she left me and started diving, what does that mean?

Last edited:
My (ex)girlfriend had no interest in diving and would get angry anytime I went out diving. So I had the choice of diving or her......I chose diving...:D

My now ex-girlfriend (we're still on good terms) is taking her OW this month. I'm super excited because she is a dive buddy I can train right. And her cute college chick friend too :wink:

Peace,
Greg

My wife doesn't dive and has no interest in diving. She is supportive of my diving though, and even made me go diving an additional day on our last vacation together. She especially likes my vacation dives because that means an extra day at the spa for her. Extra diving stateside doesn't help her out so much, but she is equally supportive here too.

Married and wife dives. Was a process in getting her to commit. She now asks on a regular basis when our next dive is going to be. She is not yet keen on advance, nitrox or rescue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom