Does this sounds like a reasonable price(Scubapro Ladyhawk BCD)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think my Ladyhawk is around six years old, has hundreds of dives on her, and the only thing that's happened is the bottom fastener attaching to the backplate ripped off. Was originally fixed by sewing on another piece of Velcro, which didn't hold up long and now held by zip ties.

I'm very happy with my Ladyhawk and believe you got a good deal. You should have many years of diving enjoyment with her.

Have you had a back inflate bcd before?

Last edited:
Glad to hear. With regards to yours, have you had an problems with it? How do you maintain it?

The only problem I had was a cracked inflator when I bought it new, which they replaced. No real problems since. Like any BC just keeping it clean and not gunked up with salt and stuff is the main maintenance.

I've made a few changes. The lack of pockets is a nuisance which I've addressed by using various pockets on the waist strap over the years. The velcro on the cumberbund got worn and I got tired of messing with it, I thought about removing it but instead I just keep it velcroed behind me for a little extra lumbar support. The original quick release waiststrap, for reasons that escape me, wasn't continuous across the back which seems like a dumb design. One day one side came out when I tightened it, probably partly because it's soft material and I've rethreaded it too many times messing with said pockets. I replaced it with a standard buckle strap.

I think my Ladyhawk is around six years old, has hundreds of dives on her, and the only thing that's happened is the bottom fastener attaching to the backplate ripped off. Was originally fixed by sewing on another piece of Velcro, which didn't hold up long and now held by zip ties.

I'm very happy with my Ladyhawk and believe you got a good deal. You should have many years of diving enjoyment with her.

Have you had a back inflate bcd before?

Both my girlfriend and I are pretty new to diving so neither of us have any experience with back inflate bc's. I bought her the Ladyhawk after I told her how comfortable the Knighthawk I bought for myself was. Any tips for their use? I've heard the only thing to get used to is somewhat awkward surface buoyancy.

AW-

Good bcd...good price. Rinse it well in fresh water both inside and out after salt water dives...treat it decently, and she'll enjoy it completely. I have the Seahawk, (mens version) over 200 dives, and tho it shows alittle fading as to be expected, it's still like sitting in an easy chair.
Ya done good. Enjoy it.

Just my .02

Bubs

I recently purchased my girlfriend a Scubapro Ladyhawk BCD off Ebay, sold as new. To that end, I believe it was. Tags were still in tact and all. However, the manufacture date is 2004...over 10 years old. I paid $275 shipped. Do you guys think that was a fair price? I inflated and it holds air just fine. All the dump valves and inflator seem to work fine. Just sketched about the age. What do you guys think? Did I get a deal or a dud?
LeisurePro currently lists the LadyHawk for $619. You got a 'mature' unit that appears to be functional, and unused (perhaps, just aged like a fine wine) for $275.

Price-wise, if the Ladyhawk is what you / she wants, you got a good price.

IF she's happy(mama), then everyone(in the family)'s happy.....:).sounds good to me......

I guess I need to put mine up on ebay, it is 1 year old with an air2 but was used on 6 total dives. I would be happy to receive the price you paid.

I actually paid more for mine(Knighthawk). I paid $300 but it included an Atomic SS1, then another $50 for the shop that sold it to do annuals on both. Mine is a 2012 but looks brand new, so for $350, I'm happy.

Both my girlfriend and I are pretty new to diving so neither of us have any experience with back inflate bc's. I bought her the Ladyhawk after I told her how comfortable the Knighthawk I bought for myself was. Any tips for their use? I've heard the only thing to get used to is somewhat awkward surface buoyancy.

I went from a jacket style to the Ladyhawk. The first few dives, I felt I was struggling to stay upright on the surface but in no time at all, that went away and I never feel it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom