Does this make me a bad/weak diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good rescue! What you did without knowing it was a "rescue". You realized that the dive was out of your limits (on that day). You did the smart thing and called it off. No two ways about it....you rescued yourself! So what do most people do after a rescue, they analyze it and and try to improve for the next time. Find out what caused you to almost panic (your fitness ability, conditions, equipment, dive buddies, psychological etc..) and do everything in your power not to let it happen again.

I know you feel bad about the whole situation...but at least you can feel something; your alive and well! You probably would have felt much worst if you'd decided to continue the dive and something bad (to you or other divers) would of happened.

A job well done in my books!:)

ANYONE has the right to thumb a dive for any reason at any time - or no reason at all, other than "I wanna get outta here."

You did the right - and smart thing.

Oh, that charter service bites. This is why I don't buy charter trips, and run my own boat instead.

Back
Top Bottom