Does the Brisas have any beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Fish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
If I stay at the Brisas with some non-divers, I am trying to find out if there is some beach. Otherwise, any tips on where to stay with good on property day and night things to do. I know............, there are plenty of things to do in town, but, that is not my question (I'll be in town)..... I am trying to accomodate everyone's wishes.

Thanks

There is no beach, in the conventional sense of the word. The shoreline is coral rock with stairway and ladder entrances. there is, however, a very nice sand and palm tree beach-like area at the shore with lounge chairs, swimming pool, restaruant and bar. Dive Paradise has a shop right at the "beach" and there are stoarge lockers and showers and rinse tubs as well. The water at the shoreline is great for snorkelling as well as scuba or for just swimming around. Depths at the entry are NOT for the non-swimmers. The "beach" area is wonderful for lounging, suntanning and just general relaxing. This is a great spot for off-gassing consuming the local potables. I'll be there in January and can't wait!

There is no actual beach between the marina north of town and Chankanaab, which is several kilometers south, unless you count the narrow strip of sand between the seawall and the water in town.

There are, however, manmade areas of sand set back from the water a little, as well as cuts in the stone for water access at most/all of the hotels in that zone.

I have heard a lot of good about Brisas. I stayed at the Reef Club last time and found it too far from town. Hate the $$ for all the taxi rides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom