Does Oxycheq have a response?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-manufacturers/346075-brands-we-like-we-dont.html

See post #3. I have seen enough of this type of post to make me hesitant to buy any more Oxycheq products. I really like my UL wing and travel plate in spite of the defective OPV (cracked by over tightening during assembly) which Scubatoys did an excellent job of making right. I have been shopping for another wing with my first choice having been Oxycheq; but I'll probably spend a bit more and go elsewhere based on customer service reports like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt you will get any response other than them pulling this thread.

I am still waiting to hear from them about a failed Raider III light and have recently had to replace 2 OPVs (back dumps) on my wings. Fortunately ScubaToys has replacement parts stocked and could get me what I needed to repair them.

Oxycheq makes some great products, but it seems you are on your own if you need service after the sale.

A friend of mine recently purchased a new Oxycheq wing and had the inflater hose coupling break off at the wing after his first time out with it. Oxycheq took care of it and apologized for the inconvenience. Your mileage may very.

Unfortunately the stories linked and stated here seam to be more of the norm of what I hear though. Not sure if that is because a satisfied customer says nothing where a dissatisfied customer speaks volumes though.

I doubt you will get any response other than them pulling this thread.

I am still waiting to hear from them about a failed Raider III light and have recently had to replace 2 OPVs (back dumps) on my wings. Fortunately ScubaToys has replacement parts stocked and could get me what I needed to repair them.

Oxycheq makes some great products, but it seems you are on your own if you need service after the sale.

Yeup.

I was going to buy a Raider III/IV light and the responses I saw that others got when they had defective lens and switches was enough for me not buy one.

If I recall, they deleted the thread where people complained about it.

There's been another recent RMA issue thread on someone who tried to return something for repair and got it refused. It was "he said, she said" on what really happened, but it seemed par for the course.

I have a wing from them, also from ST. Im pretty happy with it. Its was a tough wing that was on closeout about 2years back. Never had any other interactions with the company and I'm happy with the quality.

Oxycheq does make some great products - I have 3 wings, 2 backplates, a nitrox analyzer and had 2 lights (now only 1 since one failed). I feel that their wing design is as good as it gets - BUT usually if you have problems, you better have bought it through ScubaToys to have any hope of quick service.

I've been told by other Oxycheq dealers that they have had problems with service after the sale, if required. It does seem like failures are not common (except Raider III lights).

Patrick has not been on this board in 9 months. I doubt if we will be seeing any answers. Too bad.

Well if Oxycheq ever reads this.. you just lost a sale. I was about to pick up one of the ultralight plates + bladders (due to their small size), but if the service is terrible.. forget about it. I'll go elsewhere.

These problems come and go in recreational sports companies. Usually if they are something unique a company like johnson outdoors buys them and brings the polish back. Im thinking of WGP, Necky, and Scubapro here... Many great sports companies have been historically acts of genuine love of the sport. I think I'm sorry to see Oxycheq is having Customer relationship problems. Sounds like they may need to grow up or sell out.

O and I just returned from the red sea with my Oxycheq kit and it worked great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom