Does film speed matter if I'm using a Sealife Reefmaster RC camera? (-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandHopper:
"High speed" film is called that because it exposes quicker ...

So it will pick up the relatively dim backscatter particles more easily than low-speed film. However, it will also give better exposure of the desired subject when lighting is dim... such as a distance reefscape shot, where even a strobe isn't much help.

Does that help ?

Unless your referring to the background if it go's for some distance. If I have a fish against a coral head then it should not matter what the film speed is, but if there is nothing behind the fish for say 30ft then you would get more backscatter with a higher film speed, is this what you mean ?.
David

IslandHopper:
"High speed" film is called that because it exposes quicker ...

So it will pick up the relatively dim backscatter particles more easily than low-speed film. However, it will also give better exposure of the desired subject when lighting is dim... such as a distance reefscape shot, where even a strobe isn't much help.

Does that help ?

Unless your referring to the background if it go's for some distance. If I have a fish against a coral head then it should not matter what the film speed is, but if there is nothing behind the fish for say 30ft then you would get more backscatter with a higher film speed, is this what you mean ?.
David

I use 100 with strobe for macro and 200 for wider angle shots. Iv'e never tried 400 and I think with the fixed shutter speed it would be overexposed most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom