Does CSSP have the best visability in North Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the advice. We are probably going to do another pool dive this week and then give CSSP another try this weekend. Although, I am assuming with the Diver's Day out thing going, it's not going to be so clear there then either.

If I may submit an idea...you might try using tank lights like are used for night diving. Some ppl. put the little lite sticks on their first stage with rubberbands, but I like my little red blinking lite that you can hook onto your tank band, fin strap, or whatever. Should be able to get them at any dive shop.

That may help some keeping up with each other...especially if ya hook one on whoever is leading the tour. :D

Jarrett:
After our trip this weekend, my daughter was a little shaken by the low visability in some spots at CSSP. Is there another local place I could take her that generally has better visability until she gets more comfortable? Athens? Scuba Point at PK? How about any large pools that we could practice a while in? Thanks.
Jarrett, you might want to consider going to Aqurena Springs in San Marcus. It's a little cool, 72 year around, but it's also always clear. Another spring, is in west texas, Balmorea Springs. Both of them are a drive, with west texas being kind of long drive. But it's worth it if you haven't been there before.

BillT5:
Jarrett, you might want to consider going to Aqurena Springs in San Marcus. It's a little cool, 72 year around, but it's also always clear. Another spring, is in west texas, Balmorea Springs. Both of them are a drive, with west texas being kind of long drive. But it's worth it if you haven't been there before.

The only problem is that in order to dive Aquarena Center (as it's called now), you have to go through the Scientific Diver course or go with a class. The general public is not allowed to dive there on its own.

Yeah I emailed Aquarena Springs today about the Scientific Diver course and they don't accept Jr. certifications.

Originally posted by Jarret:
"Although, I am assuming with the Diver's Day out thing going, it's not going to be so clear there then either."

Diver's Day Out is not the cause of low visibility at CSSP. Please do not assume that. We are only 20 or divers out of hundereds that dive the lake on the weekends. CSSP is as good as it gets for the lake around here. It is end of the summer and the vis is normal for this time of year. I have been diving out there since they opened. It will clear up more when the water turns a bit cooler.

actually diving WITH the group from divers day out might be a good thing... more buddies, larger group to dive with... could help out with the low vis fear... just a thought

Jarrett:
Although, I am assuming with the Diver's Day out thing going, it's not going to be so clear there then either.

Divers Day Out divers have no impact on the vis anymore than other divers in the park at the time.........you are welcome to join in on a fun event.

Thanks for the clarification, Debraw. I made the bad assumption that the Diver's Day Out thing would draw lots of extra people that would subsequently lower the vis.

Jarrett:
Thanks for the clarification, Debraw. I made the bad assumption that the Diver's Day Out thing would draw lots of extra people that would subsequently lower the vis.

This is Alan,,,,HI We do have a number of divers that dive the DDO events.....but the lake is big and we always try our best as do most mindful divers, to stay clear of the bottom,,,,,you guys join us,,,,nice group of folks you can meet!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom