Does anyone use a second inflator hose for

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 2 psi, if you are willing to go with a cap to protect the schrader valve, you might as well go with the air nozzle, same function with more options.

Our just leave it open if your DSMBs have an oral filler that is compatible with the QD. IMO, any debris that gets in the QD will just rinse out with a good shake in the water.

@UWDawgDiver looks like you gave a host of good answers thanks to Akimbo.

My 2 psi, if you are willing to go with a cap to protect the schrader valve, you might as well go with the air nozzle, same function with more options.

Routing is up to you as already pointed out. Mine is clipped to my left chest D ring so I can readily grab it with my right hand or left hand if needed. Depending on the BC I use, I sometimes route through the gap between the wing and plate then under my right arm. It is tucked away this way. Also, the available port on my Sherwood is facing straight down.

As I tell people who see this setup and are are curious, I say "you have the ports, use 'em"
I like the idea of an air gun on the end to keep the fitting clean and to use for other things. We are getting ready to do some shore diving in Bonaire and being able to blow the sand off of everything after the dive sounds good. I also like Akimbo's idea to use regulator rather than inflator hoses. I only have one low pressure port left on my 1st stage, so I will be coming out on the left. I think I'm going to go with the 40" hose and come around under my left arm. That should give me enough hose to clip it off in a number of places. I plan to use the underwater signaling function on the Dive Alert, so I also want it handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom