Does anyone rent that funky HydroOptix mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm exactly the right kind of nearsighted to take advantage of the bug-eye lookin' HydroOptix mask.

http://www.hydrooptix.com/ps_45dd_overview.html

But at $200 I don't want to jump in without trying it out first. Does anyone know if these are available to rent around Puget Sound?

I think the HydroOptix web site lists dealers. Are there any in your area that can let you try one out?

I bought one, but haven't had a chance to dive it yet. In the pool, it was great. I'll try to remember to give a report in a couple of months.

People seem to be passionate about the mask -- some pro and some con. The website explains the physics and the pros and cons pretty well, too.

Hope you find a place to try it.

David

I was diving with John Chatterton of Shadow Divers and Deep Sea Detectives fame in Dominica last month. He uses one and he loves it. He has to wear special contacts to use it underwater and then has presription sunglasses topside to counteract the contacts. It must be an awesome mask for him to go to that much trouble!

I have thought about bringing them into the store but have been dragging my feet. If I am with you, if I tried one and liked it I would probably start carrying them. They do seem pretty cool. Which mask works for you? If it is the same one I need I might order it in for me and then rent it to you for a little while. We would have to ship but I am up for it if you are.

Brent

Brent, thanks for the offer. I'll poke around locally some more and get back to you if I strike out. I just started looking so I might get lucky.

I might also buy one and sell it if I hated it, I wouldn't be the first to try gear out that way. :)

Well, the HydroOptix mask has the GirlDiver stamp of approval. I dive it on 85% of my dives. Luckily, for me, it's a matter of leaving my contacts at home...not adding contacts for the mask.

I have the mask. No rental fee needed...just meet me for a dive.

Back
Top Bottom