Does anyone miss their MX10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterDennis

DivemasterDennis
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Three years ago I caught up to the 21st century and went digital with my underwater photography. For years before that, I used only the simple, little yellow MX10 with Y40 strobe. I loved the simplicity and size of the little camera, and quite frankly, nothing I have used since matched the features of a strobe you could hold in your hand, with no cable, that you could put at any angle to get some terrific effects and photos. I actual won, or rather placed high in, several significant photo contest with some of those pictures. I don't do contests any more, though. I still have my little camera, but film is getting harder to come by, and it is cool to see what images look like instantaneously with the digital equipment. Still, I'd like to know if anyone out there was an MX10 fan, and if any of you still use the little guy. The wide angle lens for that camera is the best one I have ever encountered. (For the record, I do not work for or own stock in Sea and Sea)
DivemasterDennis scubasnobs.com

Ha, I did a google search for scuba board and the MX-10 and it brought me here. Pretty old thread, but maybe you'll catch this post and appreciate it. Yesterday at a dive show I purchased 2 brand new MX-10's, both with strobes, a macro lens, and some other extra accessories, all for $40!! When I was looking at it, people were walking by laughing at my interest, but man, this is where it's at! I'm most excited to load it up with black and white film and do some work in the dark room! I just finished an intro to photography course last semester in school, and fell in love with film all over again. I will also say film is very easy to find (no excuses now, I live VERY close to you! haha!!) You can't get it at your super-market or drug store anymore, but (key in dramatic music) many photography stores are very well stocked! Although not as popular anymore, it's still very widely used! But anyway, I can't wait to get thee things wet, Im super stoked on these!!! I don't think the Sea&Sea rep was very pleased with my purchase, especially after he showed me all the new stuff! hahaha

I spent a lot of time behind a MX-10, the little camera did do a good job but I don't miss those huge processing bills.

PS, FYI the 100/400 ISO switch in the camera only changes the calibration of the internal light meter - go/no go LEDs in the view finder, it does nothing else, it does not change shutter speed like you might think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom