Does anyone know what the vis at Murray is?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Kory and I had planned on diving Murray this weekend, but now he's backing out cause he heard the vis was bad. Does anyone know what it is, and what the chances are of it improving before the weekend? If we don't get up to Murray this weekend, I probably won't get to get into the water at all?!?:(

I might actually have withdrawel.:shakehead

Rhonda

YellowfinKunkfish:
Kory and I had planned on diving Murray this weekend, but now he's backing out cause he heard the vis was bad. Does anyone know what it is, and what the chances are of it improving before the weekend? If we don't get up to Murray this weekend, I probably won't get to get into the water at all?!?:(

I might actually have withdrawel.:shakehead

Rhonda

Welcome to the group :D

I think ya'll ought to just head up to Broken Bow and dive there.

On Sunday the best we found at Lake Murray up top was 3 feet and from the Crab Trap at 65 feet on down to the bottom at 100 feet in Lake Murray it was 1-2 feet at best.
I couldn't even read my SPG.
We lost each other at 70 feet and after that TxDiveGuy and I used a 4 foot buddy line and we could almost see each others dive lights at that distance It's just beyond blackness down there these days. 57 degrees was not bad though.
We tried to locate the intake tubes below the steel tower but we never did. I think that is going to be a Winter time job.
The Crab Trap was freeky as usual and some how the vis there was just enough to see the form of it and see all the bombed out looking sheet metal. That thing is dangerous and cool.
We later found shaded parking and did a dive near Tucker Tower and followed a gully down around 60 feet out to the middle of the lake and then explored on the way back. Freakin' dark down there too.
Hey ... no tan lines though !

:shakehead Broken Bow is too far. Just wanted a quick little day trip, (without spending a lot of money at CSSP, we can't do that EVERY weekend.)

Oh well, I guess one weekend won't kill me, but I am just itching to get out there and practice.

When do you think Murray will clear up??

YellowfinKunkfish:
:shakehead Broken Bow is too far. Just wanted a quick little day trip, (without spending a lot of money at CSSP, we can't do that EVERY weekend.)

Oh well, I guess one weekend won't kill me, but I am just itching to get out there and practice.

When do you think Murray will clear up??

You got the BUG!!! :D

It's hard to put a def. date on when the lakes effected by the recent rains will improve....but they are starting to show slow improvement. CSSP is very good right now....but lakes are suffering a bit.

Hang in there....it will get better!!!

Rhonda, Ya'll just get a 4 or 5 foot piece of small rope and make a buddy line. Each of you grab on to an end and go for it !!

It works... Even long time dive buddys use them :wink:

If you and Kory stick together long enough you'll be as blind as some of the rest of us are and the 25% extra magnification a normal mask provides will be usefull.

If you stick together any longer then that you'll need the rope :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom