Does anyone know the best place to stay and dive in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl_61

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi I'm looking to go to Bonaire in December, does anyone have any favorite places to stay and dive??
Thank you
Scubagirl_61:D

scubagirl_61:
hi I'm looking to go to Bonaire in December, does anyone have any favorite places to stay and dive??
Thank you
Scubagirl_61:D
You may not get too many responses unless you're more specific about your budget and the sort of place you want to stay. Tons of people on here have stayed at probably every place on Bonaire, there's not really anyplace bad and I'm sure each one is a favorite to someone. Perhaps read some of those old threads where they've all been discussed, and see if you have specific questions about anyplace.

Buddy Dive Resort is awesome!

Welcome to the board.
What your budget, wants and needs are will determine your choices. Do you want upscale or is inexpensive more important? Does it have to be on the water or will close by do? I have several places that I normally stay, which I choose depends on how many I have going and what our budget is. If you have a group going or have a mid sized budget I perfer Buddy Dive. Super staff at both the resort and dive shop. If minumum cost is your goal, then Golden Reef Inn is my choice. It's not on the water or quite as upscale as Buddy but it's clean, safe and Liz will do everything she can to make your stay great. If it's just me and a buddy, that's where you will find us. Not being on the water on Bonaire is not really a big deal, it's nice but nothing is far from the water and the cost savings are well worth it IMO. There are lots of other good places on Bonaire and everyone has their favorite, I don't really know of a bad one. As for dive ops, it's usually easiest to use the one the resort uses as their primary. Again, I am unaware of any bad ops on Bonaire but my preference is Buddy Dive or WannadiveBonaire. Mainly because they are the dive shops associated with the resorts I normally stay at.

If you want good info regarding where to go and what to do in Bonaire then you need to PM TT Hodagg (Tom Smedley).

Another vote for Buddy Dive. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom