Does anyone have experience with Olympus brand underwater housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TrickyRicky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
My wife and I recently purchased a Olympus 720 sw. The camera is easy to operate and we've had alot of fun with it on boats and in the water. However being a diver I'm interested in possibly getting the underwater housing for it. I've found a fairly reasonable price at Leisure Pro ($209.00).If anyone has any postive or negative feedback that they can share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Rick

I have a PT-026 and have about 25 dive with it with no issues. A friend has a oly710 with the Oly UW housing with no issues either.

TrickyRicky:
Hi,
My wife and I recently purchased a Olympus 720 sw. The camera is easy to operate and we've had alot of fun with it on boats and in the water. However being a diver I'm interested in possibly getting the underwater housing for it. I've found a fairly reasonable price at Leisure Pro ($209.00).If anyone has any postive or negative feedback that they can share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Rick

I had an olympus C5050 and olympus PT-015 housing for it a few years ago. It was a great setup, no problems whatsoever with the housing. Just got to keep it clean and treat it properly. I see you are from the Shwa - Go talk to Brian at Divesource and he can get you what you want.

I still have a C5050 and PT-15. It has several hundred dives on it with no problems.

I have the C-5000 with the Oly housing and have been using it for a couple of years, all the pictures in my gallery are shot with that set-up, I added the Sea Life Digital strobe and it makes for a great UW camera.

TrickyRicky:
Hi,

Rick

I've used Olympus housings for both a 3020 and a 5050. They have never given even a moment's concern - and they give full access to all the camera controls - underwater. The only possible criticism might be - for technical types - that they're only good to 130 feet.

I've had Olympus housings for five different models so far. The only one that I had complaints with was the PT-018, for the 750UZ. Because the camera and the housing were both large, there was excessive deformation due to water pressure at depths below 5 m (16 ft)—snorkeling depth!

http://flickr.com/photos/maynard/28420473/

I had a PT 20 for my 5060. I didn't like the limitations for depth or the way that the o-rings worked. It is very easy to crimp the o-rings when you close the housing. I quickly upgraded to an IKE housing.
BTW, for those of you with the medium sized Ike point and shoot housings, Ultralite is sending me a prototype tray that will fit this housing (FINALLY!!). It's about time!! I'll let you all know how it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom