Does anyone else have problems with Shearwater Desktop BT connection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me, I have problems with the dongle (Windows 10 computer, but same issue with Windows 7) when there are other BT devices around, such as my IPhone, IPad, etc. I make sure that the BT on those is turned off and then it works no problem.

I encountered an error for the first time today.

My Predator looked like it had a solid battery, but when I tried to update the firmware, it failed and gave a battery symbol.

I swapped out the battery and no problem there on.

I think this year I am just going to swap in the Energizer Lithium batterys before every trip and then use the used ones for remotes and flashlights even the safts dont seem to last as long as I think they should. I think I can smell the capaciter going bad in my petrel 2 so that might be part of the problem. :idk:

I have a 'dive' which will not download to the desktop app. It was less than a minute so I suspect so validation bug in the downloader. The various iPad apps which can download the logs are happy with it.

I had that problem a while back. Just delete that dive from your Petrel then it'll upload all dives to the shearwater application.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom