Does anybody remember the UW comm unit where you talked thru the reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveanytime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Somewhere during the 1980's I saw a UW Comm unit that was a short range and you talked thru your regulator and listened via a earphone. Can anybody remember what the name of this device was? I heard the company that produced it was bought out by a bigger UW comm company to take it out of the market.

Is there a cheaper system out there? Buddyphone runs around $500-600 each, others are more expensive. It's for l

I found a silicon mouth piece where you can talk and be heard in close range, call the AquaVox. It has no electronics and allows your 2nd stage reg to be attached. It's no longer sold anywhere but I found a contact who can sell them to me for $100 each. Will try these out unless some one else has already done so and can provide their experiences good or bad.

Charlie Eng

---------- Post added March 18th, 2015 at 03:06 PM ----------

I think I found the copyright info on the uw comm unit that was called the Trigger UW Comm. invented by David May.

https://www.google.com/patents/US5889730

Does anybody know why his device went off the market?

Back
Top Bottom