Does anybody have the Viking Pro Tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJosh1029

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I'm thinking very seriously about going with Viking and was wondering if anyone had the Pro Tech? Both my LDS owner and open water and advanced open water instructors recommend Vikings. At his store he has a sample swath of the Pro Tech and I like how flexible and stretchy it is while still being a vulcanized rubber suit. Does anybody here own Viking if not the Pro Tech? How do you like them. I dive cold New England waters and scallop dive in and out of barnacle encrusted rocks so I like the quick field repair that rubber suits offer. I guess to sum it up Viking owners is vulcanized rubber suits all they're cracked up to be? If you were to get a new drysuit would it be another viking?

I love my vulcanized Vikings. They are not the most sturdy, but easy to work on and they dry almost instantly. I use mine for NJ wreck diving. I have one I used to keep as a backup that I tried this past weekend. I would like to think it shrunk, but I know better. It was perfectly dry, but too small for me now. Depending on your size it might be a great way for you to see whether you like a vulcanized suit for a great price.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Back
Top Bottom