Documentary of Diving in Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClaireTS

Reaction score
Hello!

I am in need of advice and this looks like just the place to start.

I'm researching a documentary for Sky and we are due to film in the Galapagos at the end of July. I'm looking to find someone with a sailboat that we could charter for this trip, or if you have any good reccommendations of people I should speak to.

I was also wondering if I could chat to anyone specifically about their experiences diving in the Galapagos, so I know where is good to reccommend in the time scale we have available.

I would also love to know if anyone has any experience working with film crews in the Galapagos, as we're looking for local contacts to work with on this project.

If you could email me on Claire.TraversSmith@princesstv.com I would love to chat to you more as I have no diving experience myself, no have ever been out there, so it would be great to get some expert advice.

I loko forward to speaking to you soon.

With kind regards,

Claire Travers Smith
Researcher - 'Journeys of a Lifetime'

ClaireTS:
I'm researching a documentary for Sky and we are due to film in the Galapagos at the end of July. I'm looking to find someone with a sailboat that we could charter for this trip, or if you have any good reccommendations of people I should speak to.

I was also wondering if I could chat to anyone specifically about their experiences diving in the Galapagos, so I know where is good to reccommend in the time scale we have available.

I would also love to know if anyone has any experience working with film crews in the Galapagos, as we're looking for local contacts to work with on this project.

Find Mathias Espinosa (the naturalist/guia of the Darwin Research Station) at www.scubaiguana.com

Mathias Espinosa, Naturalist Guide
As a naturalist guide and "diveguide" Mathias Espinosa has been working in the Galápagos since 1988. Along with Jack Nelson, Espinosa opened the dive shop Scuba Iguana in 1996, and conducts over 700 dives per year. Born in Germany to German and Ecuadorian parents, diveguide Mathias Espinosa is the only Scuba Instructor trainer in Galápagos (and one of only two in Ecuador), and has logged over 5000 dives there. In addition, he is an underwater video and camera expert who has collaborated with numerous underwater photographers and documentary and motion picture production companies. A pioneer diveguide in Galápagos, Espinosa has worked to find and map dive sites-several of which have been designated as recognized natural sanctuaries. Active in conservation and natural history education, he has also worked to combat illegal fishing in the Galápagos National Park.

He appeared in the Galapagos IMAX 3d by Giddings. See http://www.google.com/search?source...GGLD:2004-30,GGLD:en&q=espinosa+imax+giddings

He can get you in with noted French u/w photographer Pierre Constant who runs these types of adventures on a regular basis. Google Pierre or click http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-30,GGLD:en&q=pierre+constant+scuba&spell=1

These are the guys. Tell 'em I sent ya.

Back
Top Bottom