Do you support your troops

Supporting your TROOPS

• Do you support your troops and the Government (USA)

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Do you support your troops only (USA)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Do you support your troops and the Government (Canada)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you support your troops only (Canada)

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I do not support

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit of a one-sided poll. You ask if people support their troops, and all the options are a 'yes' to that question, so people who don't support them can't vote. I'm English, so wasn't gonna vote, just looking out for democracy !!

Bubble Junky:
Seems a bit of a one-sided poll. You ask if people support their troops, and all the options are a 'yes' to that question, so people who don't support them can't vote. I'm English, so wasn't gonna vote, just looking out for democracy !!

Nothing stops you from starting another poll and ask the question to People in your part of the world

Bubble Junky:

By the way Democracy is not always 50%+1 we wish it was but is not...

Sylvain:
Nothing stops you from starting another poll and ask the question to People in your part of the world
Nothing except apathy.
It just seemed to me that what you were really asking was whether or not people supported the government, as judging by your poll options, everyone supports the troops.

Bubble Junky:
Nothing except apathy.
It just seemed to me that what you were really asking was whether or not people supported the government, as judging by your poll options, everyone supports the troops.

He's right, you know. There's noplace for anyone to click "I do not support the troops or the war."

I support our troops. I want them to be deployed effectively when necessary and I want them to come home safe and sound.
I support the government of the USA. I want the members of the government to perform their duties competently and within the framework of the Constitution and the law.

I think that most who respond will certainly be in support of the troops. While I am non-military folk, most understand that the men and women are doing their job to protect those of us in the free world.

While it's the government's job to decide where and when to send troops....that is a COMPLETELY different political question...as your survey numbers are showing!! Troops yes!

k4man:
I think that most who respond will certainly be in support of the troops. While I am non-military folk, most understand that the men and women are doing their job to protect those of us in the free world.

While it's the government's job to decide where and when to send troops....that is a COMPLETELY different political question...as your survey numbers are showing!! Troops yes!

Yeah, but this poll is completely worthless as a tool to answer the question "Do you support your troops?"

It would be like taking a poll titled "Do you like tuna fish?" and the only two answers are "I like tuna fish with mayo" and "I like tuna fish without mayo". The poll doesn't determine, even remotely, what percentage of people enjoy tuna fish.

It doesn't actually give anyone an option to vote positively or negatively either way... you don't get to pick an answer, just which question you prefer.

Selecting "Do you support your troops and the Government (USA)" doesn't say anything about your position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom