Do you pack your SPG spool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is really no space to pack a lot of grease in there. I apply a generous amount to the threads and a light coating on the spool and O-rings, there is no need to try over do it.

In diving, excess grease is a magnet for silt and sand and grit, not really desirable.

Thanks all. I took the opportunity to swap out my hose for a shorter one and relube the spool and threads on my rig and added my brother's console to my rig for comparison testing. Tomorrow will be a big day, gear test wise. His entire rig will be tested after I verify his SPG against mine. I also have my first full dive on my "new to me" MR12 II, which I have set up as my octo now, but if I like it I'll switch it to my primary over the SP G250. Also first dive with the long hose config so we'll see if that turns out as well as it seems to work on land.

I get fizzy bubbles before movent is an issue. In any case clean it up and lube. I wouldn't call it packing but I do use more than "just enough to make them shine".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom