Do you dive with or without your snorkel attached and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sinkorswim,

You have COMPLETELY misread my post. Forget it. It's not important enough to rehash.

Bigjet,

I agreed with you and my comments were to the board. This is my last post on this thread.

it does seem like we're going around in

in... what's the word

hmmm....

circles?

:wink:

ABQ:
sinkorswim,

You have COMPLETELY misread my post. Forget it. It's not important enough to rehash.

Someone help me out here, Did I miss something ?

MASS-Diver:
I agree....

I hate snorkels and when I see one I can't help but make judgments about that diver, but I would NEVER say anything to a stranger. Unless someone is doing something outrageous (doing a 100" dive with 50% O2 mix) - only jerks would go around giving unsolicted advice. If someone wants your oppion they will ask, but to go up to someone and make negative comments really lets everyone know you are a jerk. If you are on my team or my friend - I will rib you without mercy about a snorkel - but everyone else is safe *wink*

I've learned unspoken pre-evaluations are a necessary evil. My first intructor was amazing. I just assumed that his level of proficiency was expected. It wasn't until my advanced class that I realized that even as low time diver, I was more bouyancy conscious than the high time divers and intructor I was with. A silent prejudgement helps you stay clear of divers that will stir up the bottom, get themselves into trouble and pay little attention to their own buddy. If you have misjudged you will know soon enough after hitting the water.

Ribbing among friends is a requirement. I will probably rib back that I have to bring two to save you from drowning :wink: I might even mark your name on it and attach it to your mask when you aren't looking, but only if your non-snorkel buddies are there :1poke: .

sinkorswim:
Someone help me out here, Did I miss something ?

well, this is just my opinion, but i thought your response to him didn't make much
sense.

that's just for what it's worth. i was going, "huh?"

Dearman:
MAK525890,
I think we've already mentioned your point. We are currently decided whether peoples scenarios are reasonable, their personal related experiences true and whether the points made in them were the correct solution to the problem at hand.

You are probably right and I apologize. But I don't think you can blame me for not wanting to read the other 33 previous pages about a snorkel. :10:

At this point, is it safe to say that the dive community, this one at least, is evenly divided on the snorkel? There seems to be a even number of cons to pros. What it comes down to is personal preference and an individuals safety factor.

MAK52580:
You are probably right and I apologize. But I don't think you can blame me for not wanting to read the other 33 previous pages about a snorkel. :10:

Don't want to read 300+ posts????

...I don't blame you. I was just trying to catch you up. I left a summary on page 32 that mentions both sides arguements.

I do dive with my snorkel. If there is big waves at the surface, it's just easier to breathe in the snorkel...

Three reasons sport divers don't wear snorkels;
1.E
2.G
3.O
-----
Ego.

Get stuck on a granny line waiting to get to the ladder in rough seas and you'll be glad you wore one.

One good reason to wear one:
With mask on face, snorkel in mouth, face in water you are pretty much Drown Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom