Do we have any Girl Scouts on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pandora

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looks like there is a thread for Boy Scouts...so thought it would be nice to start a thread for Girl Scouts! Are you a current member, Alumni, life member, volunteer or staff? Name your troop/council/years as member, etc...:blinking:

I was a Brownie & Jr GS in Seal of Ohio Council for 4 yrs. I joined Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida, Inc as a staff member in July 2006. I am based in Ft. Myers, FL.:14:

I was a Scout for seven years, it was VERY big on US military bases in Europe back when I was a kid (late 60's/early 70's). I had a ball!!

My daughter is a Brownie in Troop #99 in Oak Forest Illinois. Our last activity for the year was Relay for Life....it was amazing.

I help the leader whenever I can....even brought in my equipment and videos of me diving. The girls loved it!

I had a leader bring her troop from Tampa Aug 3 thru 7th to stay in Key Largo. They went out on Conch Republic's boat. They also went to most of the State Parks and got a tour. They had a blast.

my daughter is a Sr GS and I help out from time to time.

troop 2279, IIRC

I try and get my daughter more involved in a lot of things (give her exposure, let her see whats out there).

I was a Girl Scout for a year in Atlanta over 15 years ago. I had some great experiences such as unforgetting memory that I spent the night at Atlanta Zoo - I thought that was so cool.

Unfortunately, I don't remember my badge number or whatsoever. I was a Brownie, that's one thing for sure.

I was a Brownie for a couple of years. My mom was the den mother, troop leader or whatever you call it. I was very young, no one to watch me, so I tagged along with the group. I even got a toothbrush by appearing on the Bozo the clown show one saturday morning with the girls. Ahhh, if only I knew then what I know now I could have enjoyed that Brownie membership so much more.

Check on the sea scouts in your area. It is open to scouts, Boy or Girl 14 or older. Some are boating based some are scuba. You would have to contact the boy scout council in your area for info. The kids really enjoy it and it is more adventurous for the older scouts.
www.scouting.org/councils/index.html

Back
Top Bottom