do those mosquito repellent patches work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTB.......do you use a deet product when on roatan instead of cactus juice? or cactus juice when you'll be in and out of the water and deet in the evening?

I use a deet product anytime I am being bothered by bugs, Years ago I bought cases of 40% stuff at a super discount surplus store for dirt cheap, once its gone I guess I will try to find it in gallon jugs. Mosquitoes carrying Dengue are active during the day so even if the herbal, natural, many non tested type things worked somehow with sand flies, even if is was simply drowning them and them getting stuck, I still prefer the most often recommended protection when possible serious illness is involved and it makes it easy that the same product works for the dusk to dawn mosquitoes that can spread malaria

Last edited:
Sorry to bump a one month old thread but I want to say that mosquito repellent patches work great for all kinds of insects, I was really skeptical at first but now I swear by these things and have a pack on me for all my dives. It's a real pain carrying around a huge bottle of spray everywhere you go and apparently that stuff isn't to healthy.

I found some interesting facts here if anyone wants to read up on it:

Mosquito repellent patch benefits

Hope you all have happy bug-free diving like I do :)

-Dean

Sorry to bump a one month old thread but I want to say that mosquito repellent patches work great for all kinds of insects,

Glad it worked for you of course we must remember, Virtually all insect repellants, natural, unatural, sonic, nuclear, or whatever have someone swearing they work yet doesn't mean they are worth a dang to someone else. I too would have been interested in the link but could not read it either, Perhaps those particular patches had too high of a ddt level and have been pulled from the shelves and the website closed down

Glad it worked for you of course we must remember.... have someone swearing they work yet doesn't mean they are worth a dang to someone else..... Perhaps those particular patches had too high of a ddt level and have been pulled from the shelves and the website closed down

DDT, although legal in Honduras, kills critters, it is not an effective repellant. If you're covered in DDT, they land on you, bite you, then wander off to die. You can tell that I have tried this because of that odd twitch I have.

Here are some websites that sell bug repellant patch stuff you can spend your money on....

Buzzender.com - Patches

Mosquito Repellant Patch

Anti Mosquito Patch, Mosquito Repellent, Repel Mosquitoes & Prevent Mosquito Bites!

Don't Bite Me! Patch

Me? I drink Flor de Caña Rum mixed with DEET.

Looks like your link won't allow access to this site? :confused:

Sorry to bump a one month old thread but I want to say that mosquito repellent patches work great for all kinds of insects, I was really skeptical at first but now I swear by these things and have a pack on me for all my dives. It's a real pain carrying around a huge bottle of spray everywhere you go and apparently that stuff isn't to healthy.

I found some interesting facts here if anyone wants to read up on it:

Mosquito repellent patch benefits

Hope you all have happy bug-free diving like I do :)

-Dean

Whoops, maybe I did something wrong? It took me 10 minutes to research how to add a link properly I think I still managed to screw it up :shakehead:

Hope this one works: Mosquito Repellent Patches Facts & Information

Thank to RoatanMan for those links, very helpful!

I can't remember what brand of patches I used so I'll have to try a new one this time.

what the.. ok I think that site is broken or something, the link was working 2 seconds ago and now its back to blank. sorry guys.. :idk:

We just retuned from a dive trip to Roatan. I took and used DeBug insect repellant patches and found them to be very effective. I got home un-bitten as did several others in our party. We also took b-12 before our trip. Anthony's key resort and Roatan were GREAT! I hope DeBug works for you too, love that it's all natural and deet free.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom