Do Not Buy It...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik Il Rosso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
3 weeks ago I bought a Dacor Darwin and an Iris interface for 220 Euro (it is a new offer from Dacor In Italy)...

The dive computer worked fine but it was impossible to download data to my home pc...

Changed pcs, cables, operating systems and almost anything I could think about with no success...

Today my LDS returned the whole lot of Dacor Darwin + Iris interfaces back...

As for me I ordered a Suunto Vyper...

I also checked the software and it seems to me that the Suunto software is far superior than the Dacor one...

I cannot raccomend this product...

Ciao, Erik Il Rosso

But, the computer worked in the water. Would it be OK for someone who does not care to downolad it to a PC? BTW, this would not be the first time two pieces of hardware did not work together. Dont buy it, OK steal it :)

No offense...but I'm not going to buy any scuba equipment with the label or name "Darwin"

Big-t-2538:
No offense...but I'm not going to buy any scuba equipment with the label or name "Darwin"

Ditto to that.........

leadweight:
But, the computer worked in the water. Would it be OK for someone who does not care to downolad it to a PC? BTW, this would not be the first time two pieces of hardware did not work together. Dont buy it, OK steal it :)

The computer worked just fine but the interesting thing was to get the 2 pieces of hardware for a very interesting price...

I am pretty sure that with a Suunto Vyper I will not regret the Darwin too much...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Back
Top Bottom