Do I Need an Environmentally Sealed 1st Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Buddha. I thought the MK11 was a balanced 1st stage? Would I be OK pairing the MK11 with the S560?

The MK-11 is a balanced regulator, but not sealed. The only unbalanced regulator in the Scubapro lineup is the MK-2. First, all regulators are depth compensating. Second, a balanced first stage means they will deliver the same intermediate pressure regardless of tank pressure, i.e your regulator will breath the same at 500 psi as well as 3000 psi. Sealed means the water does no enter the internals (ambient chamber) of the regulator.

You can pair the MK-11 with any Scubapro second stage or even your old Sherwoods.

Did you get the Magnum or Magnum Pro?

I just got the Magnum, it was a while back and I don't know if the pro was available then. I have been pleased with the performance of the reg, which is an improvement from their former regs. I'm not as picky as some, but have not used any other regs that have impressed me enough to pay two or three times as much to purchase.

I went through my '80's magnum and still use it on my pony. If the new one lasts half as long as the last, I'll be happy, and I see no reason it will not last as long.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom