Do I need a Phoenix Nozzle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At last. Won the auction on Ebay for a DA Aquamaster. Got it for $187.50. Bought my Phoenix Nozzle and I'll be shipping the regulator to Brian for rebuild and installation. So suggestions on hoses and mouthpiece. I'm leaning towards yellow hoses with black mouthpiece. Is one mouthpiece more comfortable than another?

I have examples of straight, curved and the Voit repro hourglass. I prefer the curved, but you will not be dissapointed in the new straight ones that VDH sells.

Jim

Jim,
Could I ask you to post photos with pros and cons. Just pros and cons would be helpful.

Jim

I have a built in "Pain-O-Meter" in that my front teeth are implants thanks to a drunk driver ages ago. Most single hose regs hurt and therefore my interest in double hose.

The Voit hourglass in the soft silicone is very comfortable.

IMG_0705.jpg

The straight mouthpieces, especially if used with a vintage oval mask work fine but tend to rotate up with modern masks and will hurt my teeth.

IMG_0763.jpg

The USD curved, if you have a good one, best hose routing, least amount of rotation, just feel natural to me.

IMG_0652.jpg

Yellow or black hoses are correct on a DA. I prefer the black for being more techie and for showing off the vintage aspect the yellow are a, uh, "dandy" to behold.

N

Last edited:
Okay, Black hoses with USD Curved mouth piece it is and thanks to all for all the great guidance.

Jim

Congratulations, Doubler, you will soon be a very happy diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom