Do I need a new sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

My Analox O2EII (which I totally love!) has started giving me erratic readings, fluctuating by a couple percent above and below my calibration point (20.9) and above and below my expected mix. Is this a sign that my sensor is due for replacement, or is it something else?

This is the first time I have noticed this, it is usually pretty stable.

Thanks,
Jim

Sounds like it to me. How old is the sensor? Mine is going on 4 years and is still okay but I have not used it in a few months and I store it with the saver cap on when not in use.

Hi Jim,

So glad to hear that you love your O2EII! The age of the sensor is key. Open the yellow access panel and remove the sensor. There is a 2 digit REF code located to the left of the serial number, ie: B6. The alpha digit refers to the months of manufacture A= January, B=February, the number is the terminal digit of the year. The O2 sensor carried a 3 year graded warranty. If it is over 3 years old and is giving unstable readings, it's time to replace! You can obtain replacement sensors at your favorite dive shop or at Homepage: Analox - Looking after the air you breathe.

Thanks Patti, I bought this analyzer when I did my nitrox cert somewhere around 2006, so I guess it's a safe bet that I need a new sensor! Scared Silly, thanks for the tip, I will look into the cap for the sensor when I order a new one.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom