Do all rebreathers require a bailout bottle on board ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How long are you going to be without it every time you have to send it off for the 100hr service? I think it locks out after a certain time period too

The Poseidon locks up to force you to service it? WTF?

I don’t want a unit to tell me what or when I can or can’t do, that’s what my own brain is for.

I don’t want a unit to tell me what or when I can or can’t do, that’s what my own brain is for.
Not for you to service it, for an authorized service center too.

Not for you to service it, for an authorized service center too.

I reread what I wrote and I worded that poorly; we are saying the same thing.

Regardless, that is a ridiculous nanny feature.

Can we have some examples please?

Not being flippant, I’m genuinely curious what you are referring to.
I’m away from a proper keyboard right now but when I’m back I’ll elaborate
How long are you going to be without it every time you have to send it off for the 100hr service? I think it locks out after a certain time period too
Service is every 2 years not every 100 hours. You can do the service tech course yourself. If you aren’t servicing your rebreather at least once very two years then I don’t think you should be diving one tbh.

I reread what I wrote and I worded that poorly; we are saying the same thing.

Regardless, that is a ridiculous nanny feature.
I get where you’re coming from but it’s also important to note that the first symptom of most of your issues on a rebreather is loss of judgment or loss of consciousness. Poseidon has a very specific design philosophy: We take care of life support, you dive. That applies to their OC and military and commercial equipment as well. Obviously that’s not an approach everyone is suited to but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

When we transitioned in aviation from manual, mechanically controlled engine and airframe management to FADEC and fly by wire and full authority autopilot I heard many of the same arguments from pilots who didn’t trust the electronics in the same way they trusted themselves.

The accident stats and maintenance schedules have borne out the tech in no uncertain way. Diving has a long way to catch up with real industry with real money but it will come eventually

I don’t want to own ANYTHING that will lock up on me…ever. Warnings are fine but locking up …nope.

Also, I’m a firm believer in the right to repair and boycott companies that work against self repairs.

I don’t want to own ANYTHING that will lock up on me…ever. Warnings are fine but locking up …nope.

Also, I’m a firm believer in the right to repair and boycott companies that work against self repairs.

I'm not sure your post is towards poseidon but if it is you can just read what rainpilot just wrote.
You can do it yourself, all the computer is doing is telling you it needs the checkups.

Dont want that either.

Tell me my po2, and ndl/deco time. That is all.

No ADV, no ox solenoid, no voting logic, none of that. No contacting me about my trucks extended warranty.

I was taking a poke at Divesofts dual computer eccr machine. Cool, but not for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom