Question DMV Area IANTD Instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's been a little over a year since I have gotten to participate in an actual dive since I have been moving quite a bit and I am legit itchy to get back in the game. My sea legs definitely need it ugh. I wanted to finish getting my Dive Master certification through IANTD and I still need a handful of actually documented dives, I would have to check the actual number later, like I said it's been a bit lol. Does anyone know any good places in the DMV area where this can be done? When I originally got my PSD it was through my college so it was much easier to just go dive cause my instructor wanted to log more hours for his intern lol. I am around the Pasadena area in MD, but tbh on off days I can just go driving tbh.

Thanks much!!!

It's been a little over a year since I have gotten to participate in an actual dive since I have been moving quite a bit and I am legit itchy to get back in the game. My sea legs definitely need it ugh. I wanted to finish getting my Dive Master certification through IANTD and I still need a handful of actually documented dives, I would have to check the actual number later, like I said it's been a bit lol. Does anyone know any good places in the DMV area where this can be done? When I originally got my PSD it was through my college so it was much easier to just go dive cause my instructor wanted to log more hours for his intern lol. I am around the Pasadena area in MD, but tbh on off days I can just go driving tbh.

Thanks much!!!
The IANTD website lists no facilities in VA-MD-DE and only one instructor, in Virginia Beach.
I have to ask: why do you want IANTD Divemaster, as opposed to some other agency? What is your intention for the use of the Divemaster certification?

The IANTD website lists no facilities in VA-MD-DE and only one instructor, in Virginia Beach.
I have to ask: why do you want IANTD Divemaster, as opposed to some other agency? What is your intention for the use of the Divemaster certification?
All my certifications are through IANTD, so I was under the assumption my dive master would need to be the same? It’s been awhile so maybe I am wrong lol. I know through PADI your certis needs to be all through them before you can apply.
I was wanting to do dive guide stuff, jobs that require me to have my dive master certification.

I know through PADI your certis needs to be all through them before you can apply.
Not true. The PADI Divemaster Application form says:
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS Must be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, PADI Rescue Diver and Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid), or hold qualifying certifications from another organization. Copies of ALL non-PADI certifications must be attached to this application.​
I was wanting to do dive guide stuff, jobs that require me to have my dive master certification.
Almost aways, your Divemaster certification needs to be from the same agency that the diver operator uses. So if it is a PADI, shop, you need to be a PADI DM. Note there are very few IANTD diver operators, so you would be really limited.

Find a shop with a group of instructors/staff/customers that you can really see yourself hanging out with and go with whatever agency they're with, assuming you want to 'work' locally.

Back
Top Bottom