Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To plan a dive using a Suunto you need to use this software.
Try to get hold of a copy of DM3.1. It comes with a dive planner companion which uses at least one flavor of the Suunto RGBM algorithm. IIRC, it incorporates deep stops.

As a bonus, you don't have to bother with the kludge that DM became in v4 and v5. You don't have to sign up for Movescount or whatever they want you to use, and you can put your database wherever you want, including in your Dropbox, Onedrive or Google Drive folder for cloud storage. That may require a little dm.ini file hacking, but it's not particularly difficult.

Hi Hendrick,
Really need some more options here if you can help me please? Have tried this, and then worked through every combination of Mono Framework versions and DM5 (and 4) versions - absolutely nothing is working and I;ve been at this for a few hours now. Whatever I do I end up with the "Configuring Mono Framework...this may take a few minutes" message.
I dive with the highest sample rate and I'm depsarate to get latest dives off my computer before they start being overwritten on my D4i.
Please help - do you have ANY other suggestions please???
Very best,
N
p.s. on Macbook Air running Yosemite 10.10.3
p.p.s....desparate to get working with Diviac too!!

Hi.
I'm very sorry that neither workaround is working for you. I'm gonna forward this and come back to you as soon as I know more...

br Hendrik

Hi Hendrick,
Really need some more options here if you can help me please? Have tried this, and then worked through every combination of Mono Framework versions and DM5 (and 4) versions - absolutely nothing is working and I;ve been at this for a few hours now. Whatever I do I end up with the "Configuring Mono Framework...this may take a few minutes" message.
I dive with the highest sample rate and I'm depsarate to get latest dives off my computer before they start being overwritten on my D4i.
Please help - do you have ANY other suggestions please???
Very best,
N
p.s. on Macbook Air running Yosemite 10.10.3
p.p.s....desparate to get working with Diviac too!!

Hi NixyJ,

My name is Sandro and I work at Diviac.

We just closed a partnership with Suunto and created a connection between their Movescount platform and Diviac. This allows you to transfer your dives from DM5 to Diviac with just one click.

Check out here the announcement: Diviac and Suunto announce major partnership - Diviac Logbook

Hi NixyJ,

My name is Sandro and I work at Diviac.

We just closed a partnership with Suunto and created a connection between their Movescount platform and Diviac. This allows you to transfer your dives from DM5 to Diviac with just one click.

Check out here the announcement: Diviac and Suunto announce major partnership - Diviac Logbook

Can you explain your product further? Screenshots? Will it give us the rich features of dive log 5? Went to your site but not much info about the product.

you have, first, to download your dives with DM5.
that's the problem :D

Mac Dive. You don't need to go near DM5. I use an Eon Steel, I only use DM5 for updates, everything else via Mac Dive

@DuboisP, you can upload your dives directly from your dive computer to Diviac with the DDCC (Diviac dive computer connector), more info here: https://diviac.com/faq/#How-do-I-upload-dives-directly-from-my-dive-computer

@Divetech99, Diviac is a cloud-based logbook, available for web, iOS and Android.

Once you log a dive in one of these three platforms, it is automatically synced across all your devices, making it easy to take your logbook with you, wherever you go, even if there is no connectivity.

Furthermore you can attach images and videos to your logs, we believe in remembering memories more than simple graphs.

We also offer an extensive marine database with more than 14,000 species, so you can track what you've spotted underwater and learn more about the marine life.

Scuba Diver Life is publishing in these days an extensive review, you can check it out here: Review: Diviac Digital Dive Log, Part I - Scuba Diver Life

Please let me know if you'd like to know more about Diviac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom