Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Vyper Novo and it uses a similar cable if not the same. The issue is in the cable, even though the computer displays Data Transfer. The data does not transfer until you start seeing a line running under the words Data Transfer. My cable went bad after less than year, ended up buying an after market one that was cheaper and better built. Before you give up completely try inserting the cable a few times, each time wait a few seconds with the cable inserted before trying again because there is a slight pause when it starts to down load. I am assuming you are turning the cable clock wise after you insert it.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I insert the cable into the DC with the red dot on top, and then rotate it.

I then get a message that says "Data Transfer", but nothing. My Mac is about 4 months old, and the D4i is brand new and came with the supplied cable from Suunto.

I've tried all the USB ports on my Mac and have let the DC sit with the "Data Transfer" message for well over an hour now, and still heart break.

I sent a message to Suunto, but I'm doubting a return message will be anytime soon coming.

I'm going to try it on a 5 year old PC laptop I have and see what happens.

Update.......Mac and Suunto Suck!!

I just DL the DM5 to my old PC laptop, and after a few automatic updates, the DM5 works just fine.

All dives are visible and I can make notes and play with settings all I want.

So I know that the cable and DC are fine, its just whatever data Suunto can't provide to make it work with a Mac is the problem.

The frustrating part is that I have worked really hard and spent many hours to make this thing do what it's supposed to do..............heck I don't even put in this many hours for my real job!! :rofl3:

I wouldn't say DM5 and PC work - on multiple dives I often have the 2nd or 3nd dive show up as 190ft dives instead of 60-70. Pretty useless... DC logbook is fine (showing correct depth)

I wouldn't say DM5 and PC work - on multiple dives I often have the 2nd or 3nd dive show up as 190ft dives instead of 60-70. Pretty useless... DC logbook is fine (showing correct depth)
I've been having this same problem with my Zoop for about a year now. My Vyper has no issues, but with the Zoop, starting on day two, any repetitive dives get a ridiculously deep depth for the entire dive in DM5, but it looks fine in the Zoop itself. I asked about it here, but nobody has any answers, just the same problem.

FWIW, this thread has been abandoned by Suunto. Now, it's all questions, no answers. There is a Suunto FaceBook page you can try. I did.....they started to help, ask for info/data, I provided it > and that was the last I ever heard from them.

The screwed up on DM5, won't acknowledge it, and won't fix it. This has been going on for over 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom