DM5 Changing Units

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. I appreciate your help. I can see the diving community is as passionate about their opinions as the gun community - maybe more so if that's even possible.

I was, indeed, asking about changing the units within the DM5 software itself. I still have not found a way to do that.

Having looked into Subsurface, I see it's more intuitive and better documented than DM5. This is probably what I'm looking for. Were it just me, I might use MacDive. However, my wife is on a Windows platform and the less complication, the better.

The next little glitch is, having installed Subsurface on my iMac Pro but I'm unable to import my existing dive logs from the EON Core. I'm getting an error message, thus: Error: Unable to open/dev/tty.ARPT Suunto (EON Core). This is when the computer is connected via USB. When trying to import via Bluetooth, I get a request for a passcode from the computer (none showing), then another error: Error, Error opening the device LE: {my computers id info] Suunto (EON Core). In most cases, in order to debug this issue, a libdivecomputer log file will be useful. You can create this log file by selecting the corresponding checkbox in the download dialog.

I've have created the dive log by checking the "Save libdivecomputer log file" option, to no avail.

GreggS - given your experience and strong opinion of Subsurface, are you able to give me some guidance?

To Marie13 and Landau, I send my thanks and best wishes for great diving.

Sure, what would you like to know. If you would rather, PM me and we'll discuss things thru that.

Having looked into Subsurface, I see it's more intuitive and better documented than DM5. This is probably what I'm looking for.

The next little glitch is, having installed Subsurface on my iMac Pro but I'm unable to import my existing dive logs from the EON Core. I'm getting an error message, thus: Error: Unable to open/dev/tty.ARPT Suunto (EON Core). This is when the computer is connected via USB. When trying to import via Bluetooth, I get a request for a passcode from the computer (none showing), then another error: Error, Error opening the device LE: {my computers id info] Suunto (EON Core). In most cases, in order to debug this issue, a libdivecomputer log file will be useful. You can create this log file by selecting the corresponding checkbox in the download dialog.

I've have created the dive log by checking the "Save libdivecomputer log file" option, to no avail. I've briefly looked at the Subsurface User's Manual, but haven't had time to to drill down deep enough to find the answer (if it's even in there).

If you know the answer, it would help me shorten this process. If not, I'll study the User's Manual more in-depth tonight.

Unfortunately, I am not at all familiar with the Mac version of Subsurface, but I know there are folks on SB that do use it so I may have to defer to them on this one. But there may be some things to check that should be common to both Mac and Windows versions.

I'm assuming you have created a logbook. You say you have created one, but am I correct that you say it did not save it? I can't imagine it not saving the logbook to a file (it should have the extension ssrf) following whatever you name it. If it did not save it, you need to try doing it again. As I said, I'm not familiar if the Mac version has a different layout than the Windows version, but if it is the same, click File/New Logbook to create it. Once you have saved it to a location on your computer, you may have to go to File/Open Logbook option to actually open it. When that is done, connect the computer and try downloading again.

Try this first and let me know if it works.

Ok, I know this is relatively late in the game - but I have just installed DM5 on a MAC and I too had the same question. I did find the solution. On the bar that runs across the top of the screen when you have DM5 running - you will see the word FILE - click on that it will give you a settings option. Click that and you will get a pop up - on the first page it will give you GENERAL UNITS and you can choose between METRIC or IMPERIAL. Anyway. Like I said I was asking the same question - 2 years later.

Back
Top Bottom