DM + Tech around Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead_sm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All. My dive buddy is keen to do his divemaster course and I'm looking to spend a few weeks getting immersed in tech diving. We were looking at Bali / Gili as a good option to spend 4-8 weeks in May or June, and meet both of our requirements. Ideally we'd like to do our courses of the same dive center, but if not possible, atleast the same location.

Few queries -

- Recommended dive shops / locations for the divemaster program?
- Any recommended tech diving instructors? Tech diving shop?
- If not Bali/Gili, any other location in S.E. Asia, that could be recommended?

Thanks.

For the tech stuff reach out or Marc at TechDeep Asia. You will not find a better and more detailed tech instructor pretty much anywhere in the world.

He is located in Amed (NE Corner of Bali).

For the tech stuff reach out or Marc at TechDeep Asia. You will not find a better and more detailed tech instructor pretty much anywhere in the world.

He is located in Amed (NE Corner of Bali).

Marc is great however you should also checking out Will Goodman he regularly teaches out of the Gili's Blue Marlin Dive Tech and Dahab. They guy is literally THE encyclopedia for tech diving and him and Simon Liddiard literally started diving and tech diving in the Gili region. You literally will not find any one in world that will be table to teach you more about tech diving then this guy. If you are interested in the JJ know one knows more about that machine than him. I can not express more about how much you can learn from this guy. Additionally Sam Mason one of Will's former students is an absolute ledged of an instructor!! also a mod3 instructor on the JJ as well that teaches out of the Gili's at Trawangan Dive Tech Diving on Gili Islands - TDI Courses - Trawangan Dive and as does Dani Olot another increasable tech instructor. There is also my old next door neighbor Phil Christoff that teaches out of Manta Dive centre | Manta Tech | Gili Trawangan super nice guy and great instructor. In Amed, Bali there is Antione Martin (Marc's former business partner) who teaches out of Tech Dive Bali is an incredible instructor additionally Yvonne Press one of the very few female tech instructor in Asia who is also in Amed and is basically Antione's neighbor https://darkhorizondiving.com/

However full disclaimer I might have a bias opinion as I know all of these instructor and some are very close personal friends that I do a lot of fun diving with with. But in my opinion any of them will serve you very well. Only real differences will be if you go the CC route and are looking for a specific unit. For the JJ hands down Will and Sam are your guys, AP would be Will, Antione, Marc or Yvonne, Triton for sure would be Antione, SF2 would be Phil, Lastly XCCR and Revo would be Marc and if you for some crazy reason want to learn that "toy" of a rebreather that Mares makes Marc also teaches that as well if he has one that is working from what I have heard those this a a maintenance nightmare and just all around royal PITA. But I guess when you have such close ties to SSI/mares your kind of stuck promoting it.

And for DM training you MUST check out my very good friend Kazi she is sooooo good and specifically focuses on a super full in-depth DM course training that is its own actual program. https://www.divemastergilis.com/ who teaches our of Trawangan Dive as well in the Gili's. But there is also my other good friend Holly who has runs one of the best IDC programs in Asia. She has recently transferred to Blue Marlin Dive in the Gili's. https://www.bluemarlindive.com/gili_trawangan/

Any specific dive-shops or instructors you could recommend? Thanks!
Sam Collett has been around for many yrs.

It is a shame the Capt'n Gregg's was burnt down few months ago.
Have a chat with Chuck Driver about those deep dives he did with the late John Bennett. And of course the 308m dive in 2001.

All the sites are within 10-15 mins from base.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom