DM recommendation for Bonaire.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixed my concern: by having the new divers compete their open water dives for certification the first few days on the island.

Assuming we actually go. The airline prices are still stinky.

Last edited:
Hello,
Ebby is awesome. He is a dm at Divi. He does private dives as well. He also owns his own dive boat. We have know him for years and use him yearly.
If interested...please pm me. I will send you his private email and phone number.
I'm not sure if I correctly sent you a PM recently but I need Ebby's phone number and email please. I dived with him years ago and have someone that could use his help in July in Bonaire. Thank you very much. You can send it to floridascubadiver@cfl.rr.com

Update:

The two 14 year olds completed their certification with Buddy Dive and had an excellent experience.
The trip was excellent. We rented a four bedroom home through VRBO.
My dive #400 was for 101 minutes at Alice in Wonderland.
Many smiles were had by all.

GypsyJim and his brother survived - all of these young ladies.

upload_2018-8-16_10-16-24.png

Not to get off topic, but this is exactly why I would always recommend people to take the AOW directly after the OW course. Not to add costs to their trip, but maybe just do the AOW while you're there? Night, Deep, Wreck, Navigation...is shore dive a 5th option? Is that even a thing?

I missed something. Why would this be important for Bonaire? I'm not trying to be snide. I have never been to Bonaire and would like to know all about the process of entering and getting the medallion to dive. Do they not let you rent tanks for night dives if you don't have your AOW cert?

I missed something. Why would this be important for Bonaire? I'm not trying to be snide. I have never been to Bonaire and would like to know all about the process of entering and getting the medallion to dive. Do they not let you rent tanks for night dives if you don't have your AOW cert?

Not that tight.

If you have an OW Cert you can rent tanks - at least that is how we've found it to be in our many trips, haven't been in 2 years. There are/were no scuba policemen to tell you what to do with them - short of the very occasional STINAPA gentleman who will make sure you have your tags/no gloves/no other violations of park rules.

If you're shore diving, especially away from the resorts/shops, then you are well and truly on your own to plan and execute your dive.

That is a major part of the charm of Bonaire for us.

(If you want nitrox you must be nitrox certified. You can do it on Bon, cheap and fast.)

Back
Top Bottom