DM recommendation for Bonaire.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering taking four new divers to Bonaire.
I have no issue handling a new diver one on one but would rather not handle four.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a DM that I could hire (through a shop is fine) to assist with the new guys first few dives.

Thanks.

You could star them off with a couple of boat dives, they usually have a guide/dm or two on board. You could keep an eye on them as well, so you can debrief and re enforce on the following shore dives.

Dive Friends Bonaire, Buddy Dive, VIP Diving, and probably some others too, offer private dive guide services for an incremental fee. Information and rates are published on their respective web sites. Just be sure to be clear with them whether you're looking for a dive guide or a dive instructor to assess and reinforce skills for newly-certified students. (If your dive guide is an Instructor also this becomes a moot point.)

Just curious, are you planning to hire a dive professional for the mandatory orientation dive too? The first dive is typically the most stressful dive for newly certified divers, as they face task-loading associated with establishing proper weighting, mastering buoyancy in new water with new gear and new wetsuits, and just learning to use their newly acquired dive skills in general. My experience as a dive instructor has been that this is where things are most likely to blow up if they're going to.

Yes - as to the orientation dive as well.
I agree that of all the dives that one would be the one to do.
What I would really like is someone for about three dives the first day.
I will probably limit the first day to three dives (at the very most).

Yes - as to the orientation dive as well.
I agree that of all the dives that one would be the one to do.
What I would really like is someone for about three dives the first day.
I will probably limit the first day to three dives (at the very most).
That being the case, I would hire a DM from whomever you will renting tanks from. They will be the ones to do the mandatory orientation dive with your group. Probably easiest to use one of their DM's

+1 for Dive Friends Bonaire

I am considering taking four new divers to Bonaire.
I have no issue handling a new diver one on one but would rather not handle four.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a DM that I could hire (through a shop is fine) to assist with the new guys first few dives.

Thanks.
Hello,
Ebby is awesome. He is a dm at Divi. He does private dives as well. He also owns his own dive boat. We have know him for years and use him yearly.
If interested...please pm me. I will send you his private email and phone number.

Not to get off topic, but this is exactly why I would always recommend people to take the AOW directly after the OW course. Not to add costs to their trip, but maybe just do the AOW while you're there? Night, Deep, Wreck, Navigation...is shore dive a 5th option? Is that even a thing?

Esther at GOOODIVE is awesome !! She is friendly, patient and very professional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom