Dizzy when diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenaddyman23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i dont know if this is the right place for this question but.....
ive been suffering from loads of bad headaches recently and the docs dont know y, done loads of tests. the docs have said it will have no effect on my diving but today, bout 20 mins in to my dive i went really light headed and dizzy (i had a headache before the dive and throughout) i aborted the dive but i had no idea why i felt like this. does any one know if it is to to with the headaches.

not too sure if diving tomorrow is a good idea.:worried:

I'm really sorry, but I don't think any of us can help you here. You have an undiagnosed problem causing headaches, and so it's impossible to say whether the condition causing the headaches caused you to be lightheaded underwater or not. I would continue whatever workup your doctors feel is appropriate, and I would make sure they know about the lightheaded episode underwater.

I've dived with headaches, but if you felt lightheaded enough to have it really bother you, I'd be a little reluctant to dive again until that is sorted out. Lightheadedness can be nothing, or it can be a symptom of life-threatening problems.

Feeling dizzy and/or lightheaded while diving can have several causes but if you think it's related to your headaches then you already know the answer to your question.

The prudent thing to do is to take a break until you get your headache problem sorted out.

R..

Have you inspected your air source? compressor filters all good? is the compressor intake possibly sucking up some bad air? these could be making a physical condition a bit worse??

yes I know that this does not address headaches on the surface, or any underlying chronic conditions...

just a thought....

well first off what type of gas are u diving?aslo compressor filters how many at your dive shop u go to? i only get gas or air from a dive shop that has three filters no less..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom