DIY splash rinsing station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't include a ball valve because I was going for cheap.

You could also set up a reservoir that the pump fills and have it cascade like an infinity pool onto your gear.

That's exactly what I'm doing, just trying to figure out how to build the spray bar.

How about a local public one

jun2019_d21_prologue.jpg

I used to dunk, now I just hose off and hang to dry.

Dick Long of DUI is a proponent of fairly high pressure nozzles to spray Nylon lined suits to prevent salt buildup. He did a series of tests comparing using a hard spray versus dunking and soaking. Of course that isn't practical on multi-day dive trips but it is a good thing to do after getting back home.

Like @Boarderguy said, some 1/2 inch PVC and start with the smallest drill bit you have to put your holes in it. $15 Harbor freight pump : 158 GPH Submersible Fountain Pump , a bit of cheap tubing, and Bob's your uncle. You can always drill more/larger holes until you get the spray pattern and force you're after.

Respectfully,

James

Where will you be using this at? Home where you have a garden hose fitting outdoors or a shower indoors? I would do the rinse tub for the initial rinse and a fresh water final rinse (hose or shower) as I pull stuff out.

Setting up a pump to recirculate rinse water sounds like a pretty specalized need. You would need fresh water, but not a ready supply of fresh water. And you would need a source of power to run the pump.

I am trying to understand the problem you are trying to fix with this build. That can't be done in a much simpler way, and probably a better end rinse as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom