DIY Single Tank Adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that Agir-Brokk STA is very light.. I've seen their BP on one of the site I browsed yesterday, but I didn't see this STA.. Will look into it..

Edit : Oh yeah this is what I saw yesterday
DirDirect :: Wing Systems :: Single Tank Adapters :: Agir-Brokk Single Tank Adapter
don't know they have it in AL though.. Not sold on that site..

Edit 2 : This is quite interesting also,
AGIR Harpa Loops x 2 - Accessories - BC-System
maybe I can make it on my own here..

Also, some people suggest using a Quick Cinch/Quick Adjust system for the Standard Harness, do you think I should use it..?

Btw, ams511 wasn't it you who suggest that I use STA with the Travel EXP Wing..? Since it might help with the tank wobbling..?
You can attach the tank without the STA but it would likely wobble a bit that is why some wings include a built in STA. Another advantage of an STA is ease of breaking down the rig for cleaning or travel. With a STA the tank straps just route through the STA, to remove the wing you unscrew two wing nuts (I recommend the delrin kind for $3.00). If you are not using an STA then you need to undo the tank straps to remove the wing from the plate. The tank straps go through the wing. If you decide to go with the STA I would get the smaller size for travel.
That is the reason why I'm still searching for the lightest STA for my DGX Travel EXP Wing, since the wing doesn't have built in STA.. :D

I recommended that you purchase the STA because you were ordering from DGX and their STA is the least expensive I have seen ($25.00) and you were getting free shipping. The tank may not wobble but if it does it is better to have the STA than not. Especially when I received the impression that you would have difficulty purchasing one locally. Also the STA helps with assembly. Does the tank wobble?

You can't use a cinch because you do not have a Halcyon plate. You could use the UTD system or the Agir system if you want. Agir does not have a US distributor so there products are rare in the US.

I think you are being a bit silly. I put my Zeagle STA on a scale and it is less than 400 grams, I doubt your DGX one is heavier. You want to import an AL STA from Europe to save 200 grams. It just seems pretty expensive to save so little on weight. I would look to other items to save weight if your that constrained.

Hey guys! I created a CAD of a STA sorry, I did start a new thread on it. Please check it out here.

Thought you might want to know.

Yeah I made my MMO by chopping up some strap then in a vice with a hammer
Yeah these utilise the slots in the plate to strangle everything really really tightly

211 IMG_3601a.jpg

And they got spring

No Mr floppy

MMO Made My Own

Get some in ya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom