DIY Scuba Tank Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll take two. Sending PM now.

Ok, I finally finished making a few sets, I've attached the pics below. They ended up taking a lot more effort then I thought... oh well. I made it so you can stack them, but there is an extra piece to make em stackable. Works pretty well, I might make a few more changes, but the initial ones I made in the pics are pretty nice really.

For a single rack, which holds 2 tanks, i'd sell it for $50, unpainted. The vertical stacker would cost $10 extra, the horizontal lock's would be included if you bought 2 racks.

If i don't sell any, i've got plenty of racks for the rest of my life :) eheh If anyone is seriously interested, PM me, and if you're not 100% happy, send them back i'll give 100% refund minus shipping costs. (within 30 days) I'm not going to inflate shipping either, whatever I pay will be added to the $50 price. I'm guessing it would be about $10, maybe $15 because of box size.

Edit: Payment sent!

Last edited:
Very impressive. Mine is four 2 foot PVC pipes with string connecting them, looks like a ladder. Cost about $6..

x2. 1.5 inch ABS with holes drilled in it with rope in between. Works great and kind of 'rolls up' when not in use. It goes form the back of the truck to the boat and back to the truck...very portable.

I made a rack for the back of my truck, the first version worked better then I expected, there are things I would change if i cut out another one, but here are the pics of the first version:

The whole thing is just pieces of interlocking wood, when not in use I can just take it apart real quick and it doesn't take up much space. The last pic shows the piece that locks around the tank valve, no real pressure goes to the valve, but it's an extra assurance.

I just got certified last weekend, so hopefully this will come in handy for scuba'ing around here.

Ross

I would be very interested in purchase one from you. Let me know your price.

Can you do a quad with 4 AL 80's

Thanks

Tony Flaris
904-210-4550
Tflaris@me.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the quad setup. You can place 4 tanks side by side or stack two on top of two. I have 2 HP120's in steel in the bottom spaces and 2 AL80's in the top spaces. It is very sturdy.

Here is the only pic I have of my home made rack. It cost about $15.00 in scrap material and a couple hours work. I have had up to 10 tanks strapped in once. The tanks stand upright and I have to climb in the truck to retrive them. I DO admire your craftsmanship, topnotch.
icon14.gif
Nice job!
FH000016.jpg

tflaris, to do 4 tanks total, you would need 2 racks at $50 each. if you are going to stack them vertically, you'll need the vertical stacker kit for an extra $10, so $110 total, or $100 without the vertical stacker kit. Shipping depends where you are, but should be around $30.

Thanks,
Ross

Should have ordered on here, price kinda went up?????

Yea, well the material changed to plastic, much higher quality, and therefore much more expensive. At $50 i was losing money regardless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom