DIY Regulator Maintenance Discussion: Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

worked out the base oring is metric M11ID x 2CS mm if that helps anyone else? Someone reminded me that these 1st stage were made in france by SPIRO so make sense they use metric orings i suppose (in some locations).

---------- Post added February 4th, 2014 at 07:00 PM ----------

to reiterate the point above - does anyone know the standard oring size equivalent for aqualung part 820038 - crown oring?

---------- Post added February 4th, 2014 at 07:36 PM ----------

after an hour of measuring and remeasuring a shadow chart I reckon the crown oring 820038 is a metric ID 7.5mm CS 2mm. ?
that makes it slightly smaller ID than an 011, but slightly thicker.
anyone agree/disagree?
would mean that Aqualung used a metric oring on their crown....but if it was made in france?

According to scubaspares.com scubaspares, the crown o-ring size for the Titan (so also Conshelf) is a metric 1.78x8.74. The one that they sell is made of EPDM and seems to have a different part number than the nitrile one. I see that my local o-ring source, Able Seal and Design European Metric O-Rings Sizes, has M1.78X8.73 listed as a standard metric size (not 8.74). This small discrepancy is probably just a minor error by scuba spares.

My situation is that I recently purchased a used DIN kit for my Conshelf Supreme on eBay. I just took it apart in order to replace the o-rings and I noticed that they are not the same sizes as the ones in the Aqualung service manual. My crown o-ring is a 012 and the base o-ring is a 013. This DIN kit is rated 240 Bar/3500 PSI maximum, as opposed to the 300 Bar Aqualung kit. With these specifications, I think that this is a third-party aftermarket kit (Trident maybe?), but I can't find any information about it. Has anyone ever heard of this third-party DIN kit?

---------- Post added February 28th, 2014 at 04:30 AM ----------

I'm sorry scubaalblake! I mistakenly called the DIN hand wheel retainer, the crown and I wasn't referring to the same part. However, I see that scubaspares has the crown o-ring size as 1.9x7.2, which is a standard metric size according to Able Seal and Design.

Trying to find filters for Cousteau-SEA DIN regulator. Does anyone know where I can get them. They are MUCH smaller than the flat filter used in other USD regs like the Titan.
The parts diagram I have shows the part number as 106326 (USD 2001 parts catalog).
All I know is that its small, flat and used in the Cousteau-SEA and Calypso DIN regs.
thanks

Folks I need a Titan spring block, part number 1053-24. Anybody know where I can buy one or two. While I'm asking, I also need a Titan second stage cover and an LX second stage cover. Appreciate any help.

Folks I need a Titan spring block, part number 1053-24. Anybody know where I can buy one or two. While I'm asking, I also need a Titan second stage cover and an LX second stage cover. Appreciate any help.

You can try Scubaspares in the UK for the spring block but the shipping may be high. The second stage covers should be able to be purchased from your local AL dealer. They are not internal parts.

Just curious, why do you need a balance chamber (aka spring block)? Unless it's scratched inside, all you should need is to replace the oring and backup ring, both of which are in a rebuild kit. If you still need one, try contacting Bryan at Vintage Double hose. The same one goes in most of the balanced regs he services/builds.

Herman I bought a Titan on ebay and there was enough rust on the inside Of the spring block that I'm concerned about getting a good seal. I'll try Bryan.

Man they must have soaked the reg in salt water for days, even in the worst regs I have never seen the interior of the balance chamber corroded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom