DIY Light Components

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Hector - still enjoying my 12W LED but have a question.....is there any way to get a more focused beam from it? (like the light monkey 6% beam LEDs)

Thanks.

Hey Hector - still enjoying my 12W LED but have a question.....is there any way to get a more focused beam from it? (like the light monkey 6% beam LEDs)

Thanks.

You would have to go with a different LED or an MR-16 reflector will help some. Yes, the P7 LED is a bit floody. It is still a very good dive light but it is not a pencil sharp beam.
You can use a Cree MCE LED which is tighter as well.

You would have to go with a different LED or an MR-16 reflector will help some. Yes, the P7 LED is a bit floody. It is still a very good dive light but it is not a pencil sharp beam.
You can use a Cree MCE LED which is tighter as well.

So I'd just need to change the emitter?

So I'd just need to change the emitter?

Yes and no... In your case, I believe you have the direct drive P7. I recommend you go with a "driven" Cree MCE. The MCE has (probably) a lower firing voltage than the P7 so the likelihood of frying it in Direct drive is higher.

This means replacing LED emitter/driver, battery pack and charger.

Hector

Hector,

I can't find my charger for some weird reason. How much for replacement? Or can I just go and buy charger somewhere? Don't know what I need.

Hector,

I can't find my charger for some weird reason. How much for replacement? Or can I just go and buy charger somewhere? Don't know what I need.

PM'd you!

how much for a canister identicle to the 3.5" can that comes with the dive rite 24w except about an inch longer? looking at converting it to a 35w but all the ballast options are a touch long to fit in the lid

how much for a canister identicle to the 3.5" can that comes with the dive rite 24w except about an inch longer? looking at converting it to a 35w but all the ballast options are a touch long to fit in the lid

Thanks for the request, but, at this time, I have decided to stop doing Delrin canisters due to the amount of work and price they take to produce. All I can offer is a modified OMS canister that can hold up to 10 18650 batteries.

You are probably looking at $200 plus for a canister like that though...
Thanks
Hector

Back
Top Bottom