DIY LED lamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!!! Hey Packhorse, I've been following some of your pursuits on candlepowerforum, they are quite an inspiration!

Thanks again guys.

Packhorse,
Being from nearby (I'm in Aus) I hope you can help
I have an Alpha light head that I'm looking to change to LED, overheating is becoming an issue with an overdriven halogen globe
35W driven by 13.2V NiMh battery pack, if I go to 50W the lens melts
I get good light for 1.5 hours but I am looking for a whiter light
I have been reading the thread but purchasing from the US is not quick or easy,are there local suppliers around? who and what will fit?

Does anyone have a diagram showing exactly what components are needed and how to assemble them??

Packhorse,
Being from nearby (I'm in Aus) I hope you can help
I have an Alpha light head that I'm looking to change to LED, overheating is becoming an issue with an overdriven halogen globe
35W driven by 13.2V NiMh battery pack, if I go to 50W the lens melts
I get good light for 1.5 hours but I am looking for a whiter light
I have been reading the thread but purchasing from the US is not quick or easy,are there local suppliers around? who and what will fit?

I am not familiar with the Alpha light head.
Got a link?
DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1) is where I buy all my LEDs and drivers. Its all free shipping.
Also check out Homemade and Modified lights - CandlePowerForums

kaidomain.com also has some good stuff

Back
Top Bottom