DIY Knife Sheath?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Last weekend my buddy found a nice wee dive knife that he let me have. It's just the right size for me. Now I'm wondering if I can make my own sheath or holder for it out of something I might have laying around the house. Suggestions?

Maybe not lying around, but...
Dollar store, pick up one of those rolls of rubber steering-wheel wrap. Cut to size, use the included cord or tie-wraps to do the closure.
(I made one to carry my console-mounted knife during travel, another for shears that I carry in my BC pocket.)

Just fold some webbing in a Z shape, with one end shorter than the other, glue or stitch the edges, and you'll have a dandy sheath which will slide right onto your waist strap.

Somewhere on this board, there are good instructions with pictures and everything. Mine cost me almost nothing and has worked perfectly for the last hundred dives.

Here it is!! LINK

Looking at the above link, a mini-mag flashlight holder might work if the knife is not super large. I know one can pick a mini-mag (AA battery version) for $9.99. I have a couple of these holders laying around that I'll try just for the heck of it. Convert misc. stuff to dive gear- value added.

Same thing, dollar store stuff -- I actually got an el-cheapo multitool, with stainless steel locking pocket knife, webbing holder, for $6. Only reason I did the steering wheel grip was I wanted a small custom grip for those shears, then made the knife one since I had all this stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom