DIY IRIS interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebware

New
Reaction score
Has any one tried to make his own IRIS interface (for Mares computer). The Aladin one is well known.... but what about the M1 computers :06:

bebware:
It seem that all the information I need is gathered in the site http://www.ektm.de. I'll give a look and let you know if I find something interesting.

I would be very, very interested in your results from this. I have a few IR dongles lying around here and I would like to put them to good use.

peengers:
I would be very, very interested in your results from this. I have a few IR dongles lying around here and I would like to put them to good use.

All I have come from the www.ektm.de web page. It seems that no one achieve to make a good copy of the original interface, The problem is mainly due to understand some of the surface mount component labels. Try to register to this site and go to the download section there is some good info and they need manpower....

good luck. And I let U know as soon as I get something new.

Ok, i want to revive this thread, I was wondering if anybody has tried these plans. I got these from the site that was listed here. They now have an English interfase. It does seam like the project died off and no newer info is available.

Anyway has anybody gooten one of these to work.

Please post information and details,

Thanks !!!!!!!!

ChillyWilly:
Ok, i want to revive this thread, I was wondering if anybody has tried these plans. I got these from the site that was listed here. They now have an English interfase. It does seam like the project died off and no newer info is available.

Anyway has anybody gooten one of these to work.

Please post information and details,

Thanks !!!!!!!!
Am I the only one who cannot access attached files?

I'm working on the RS232 version from the site mentioned earlier, but because of exams I can't get it done yet. So far I got the transmitter working and with my cellphone camera I can see that my M1 RGBM answers the call. But the receiving side aint working yet. I'll keep you posted, and maybe start working on an USB version as well now :D

Can't open the files posted here neither, but they are availeble trough the ektm.de website too.

Waterskier1:
Check out this http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173632&highlight=Mares+Iris, I just haven't had time to build one, and there is no specific part for the IR Diodes, he just scavanged an ond remote control. Let me know your progress. Thanks!
This one has serial interface, I would like to try USB

2ErikH:
BTW, the USB interface PDF on ektm.de isnt downloadable too...

I have the USB PDF from ektm.de, but the USB text BOM (bill of materials) is empty, other than the headder. If you need the PDF, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom